TDI TacRifle 2-3

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

SnareMan

TDI TacRifle 2-3

Post by SnareMan »

Freshly back from TacRifle 2-3 at TDI. I took TR1-3 2 years ago and went back to do 2-3 again this year. We had great weather with just a little rain. I got to shoot my new AR pistol and put about 2500 rounds through it. Here's a little vid I made from the weekend.

http://youtu.be/TT6dRouo-d8
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: TDI TacRifle 2-3

Post by Aesinsp »

Good stuff, Thanks for posting.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

Curious about a few things. Was that a bipod in one of the scenes? How do you like the halo sight on the handgun? Why, halfway thru, did you change sights on the AR? I kind of have an itch for an AR pistol, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the extra noise from the shorter barrel. Good stuff. Thanks.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Looks like he changed guns. :)

Snareman, which setup did you have going through the shoot-house in the dark, the AR-pistol, right? What was the light? TLR4 at the 6-o'clock?
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
SnareMan

Post by SnareMan »

concreteguy wrote:Curious about a few things. Was that a bipod in one of the scenes? How do you like the halo sight on the handgun? Why, halfway thru, did you change sights on the AR? I kind of have an itch for an AR pistol, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the extra noise from the shorter barrel. Good stuff. Thanks.
Yes, I had a bipod on it to get it zeroed. I love the Deltapoint on my pistol. It makes things much faster and easier. I got a relatively cheap red dot for the AR Pistol. I have a PWS muzzle device on it and it really isn't bad at all as far at noise. It directs most of the blast forward and cuts down on the muzzle flash as well. You can stand next to it with someone else shooting it and its not bad at all. And, as as mentioned I used 2 different guns in the the vid. Most of it was done with the AR pistol. Here it is before mods. I'll do another one showing it after (as it is in the class vid). Having shot about 2500 rounds through the AR pistol over 4 days I love it!
http://youtu.be/bcQQrAIBs50

And the other part of with with my regular AR.
http://youtu.be/_aQhO9NUDa8

Here's some vids from TR-1 and 2 when I took then a few years ago. Pardon the epic music in the first one
http://youtu.be/qTsIVq-h4vw
http://youtu.be/LPjBQijmh-w
SnareMan

Post by SnareMan »

TSiWRX wrote:^ Looks like he changed guns. :)

Snareman, which setup did you have going through the shoot-house in the dark, the AR-pistol, right? What was the light? TLR4 at the 6-o'clock?
Yes, I used the AR pistol for all of the house stuff except for the one room where I got my 9mm out. I have the TLR4 mounted at 6 and it seemed to work well for both the light and mounting the laser midline. The laser is useless in bright sunlight much past 20ft, but it was great in the houses. I got the gun for home use (at least that's how I justified it to myself 8) ) and it seems like it will work well for that if I ever needed it.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Thanks for the info. :)

Yup, I'm finding myself thinking that I'd wasted the $40 on a red laser boresighter as I'm really only able to use it at indoor ranges. Even then, it's hard to zero anything that doesn't have some magnification to it. :oops:

I actually like the pairing of a lower-output traditional incandescent (yellower hue) light with a red laser. In all honesty, if I'm investing in a laser/WML combo today, I'd pony up the bucks and go all-out for a green laser, for-sure.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
SnareMan

Post by SnareMan »

I'd love to get a green laser, but can't really justify the expense for the amount of use I'd get out of it.
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

thanks for the additional info.