Russian FSB tactical training- Insane!

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Russian FSB tactical training- Insane!

Post by evan price »

The Russian FSB (what the KGB turned into after democracy) takes their training seriously. Check out these confidence drills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI01qKAqYts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out the ND at 3:48!

(Another forum mentions this too, and someone said that this is a 'tactic' to make the close-up people stay back. I have my doubts...)
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Brian D.

Re: Russian FSB tactical training- Insane!

Post by Brian D. »

Hmm. Jake was just saying he didn't know how he'd top his latest 'Lord of the Range' competition when he holds the next one. We'll see if Dan Dan is still capable of winning when people are tugging on his beard and making billygoat jokes while he's trying to shoot... :mrgreen:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

BRIAN!

I specifically asked you to keep that to your self.

<in my best Stewie Griffin voice>
I say, it's now ruined, just ruined.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Watching the video I thought of what Yakov Smirnov might have said about it: "In Russia, targets shoot you!"

Can't imagine that they've been doing this any length of time and haven't gotten trainees and instructors killed.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Having spoken with some who've been through past Chinese programs, I get the feeling that there's a distinct difference in how things are done where there's more persons lined up as replacements.

But no matter where or in which program professional gunmen from around the world are a member of, there's always the specter of training accidents. Things get incrementally more dangerous. The way I see it, that if that discharge was an ND (and honestly, who knows? certainly, at that tempo, the trainee/operator "flying apart" isn't totally unthinkable), at least muzzle awareness saved the day. For context, one should remember that even at the civilian open-enrollment level, even while both muzzle awareness and trigger discipline are always maintained, instructors such as Hackathorn will emphasize to their students that, in the real world, at some point or another, muzzle awareness or trigger discipline will go the wayside, and that it could be unavoidable: but to violate both? that's at one's own - and other's - peril. I think that regardless of the exact reason for the handgun's discharge, it illustrates this point very, very well.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio