BB Guns

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

BB Guns

Post by Morne »

I like dry fire practice. I do a lot of dry fire practice. But sometimes you just want to see a hole appear in a target and you don't always want to burn up precious centerfire (or 22) ammo to do so. What's the option? BB guns!

Recently we got our son a BB gun for his birthday. He was thrilled and is now learning the proper handling of firearms on this BB gun. I bought a bulk pack of "Shoot and See" targets awhile back and he just LOVES seeing a splotch of green appear when he hits the target. You can't get the smile off of his face! :mrgreen:

Of course, I've taken a couple (just a couple) of shots with it, too. Had to show the boy proper form, of course. But it occurred to me that this is a very inexpensive training tool, especially in the winter when you might want to shoot in the basement (into a proper BB trap, naturally).

So if you're bummed about the cold weather and cost of training while wanting to make holes appear in targets, get yourself a BB gun and a bunch of BBs. :idea:

OBVIOUSLY, training with the actual firearms you might need in real life is best.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Klingon00

Re: BB Guns

Post by Klingon00 »

I do this, mostly with my daughters, shooting at soda cans. It's great fun, even you don't want to go outside. :D
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Agreed. I would rather be using a .22 firearm like this one:

but it is far cheaper to work with a .22 pellet gun like this one:

Of course, sadly, both items were lost in a tragic boating accident.
MyWifeSaidYes
ShootinRugers

Post by ShootinRugers »

I like to use Speer plasitc practice bullets, using standard reloadable brass, magnum primers.

38 Cal 8510
44 Cal 8520
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

ShootinRugers wrote:I like to use Speer plasitc practice bullets, using standard reloadable brass, magnum primers.

38 Cal 8510
44 Cal 8520
Huh, cool idea! :idea:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Of course, sadly, both items were lost in a tragic boating accident.
Wow... are you ok? Amazing that you'd be here posting so soon afterward...
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

ShootinRugers wrote:I like to use Speer plasitc practice bullets, using standard reloadable brass, magnum primers.

38 Cal 8510
44 Cal 8520
Just a word of caution, you will want to use these in a well ventilated space, and probably not inside your own home. Primers do contain lead and will leave residue on everything in the vicinity over time.