First Person Defender videos

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tbrew85

First Person Defender videos

Post by tbrew85 »

Ive watched a few of these and I like them. They at least give a person a few more things to think about in certain scenarios. They seem well made to me. It looks like there are 10 available and each one is about 15 minutes long. Worth checking out anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIOFJbikCEk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
jburtonpdx

Re: First Person Defender videos

Post by jburtonpdx »

I like how they played out the scenario a second time creating an opportunity to solve the problem and see success. That looks like good training to me...
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Learn to fight and practice what you learn.
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

I like that they are free on YouTube. Seems like most training videos of this quality are not.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Excellent video. I love working through scenarios in my head so this is a great addition to that.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

Very interesting videos. I like how they discuss the reasoning for some techniques. The home invasion scenario is really informative, especially when talking about the transition to support-side.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
parbreaker

Post by parbreaker »

sd790 wrote:Very interesting videos. I like how they discuss the reasoning for some techniques. The home invasion scenario is really informative, especially when talking about the transition to support-side.
I thought the same thing. I like the videos and hope they do more like them in the future.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

parbreaker wrote:
sd790 wrote:Very interesting videos. I like how they discuss the reasoning for some techniques. The home invasion scenario is really informative, especially when talking about the transition to support-side.
I thought the same thing. I like the videos and hope they do more like them in the future.
Tom Gresham said that more are currently in the works.

nurkvinny

Post by nurkvinny »

Very nice videos.

Thanks for the link.