Suggestions for ranges in Dayton area?

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Suggestions for ranges in Dayton area?

Post by MeanStreaker »

Where are good locations that are cost efficient and not crowded? I've checked out the website for Sim-Trainer. Sounds great, but I'm worried about the $250 annual fee for only 40 hours of possible range time a week.
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

Really have not heard of any ranges in Dayton
But there is Spring Valley There is the Gun Club in Eaton
Middletown Sportsman Club, There is a club in Piqua, Miamisburg Sportsmans Club, you'll have to get out of town but there gun clubs you can join for around $50 a yr.
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

Heard there is an indoor range opening in Springfield??
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MD, I've heard the same rumor. (But then, bet there's been 10 or more occasions over the last 25 years, where the grapevine said "someone" was building a new range "somewhere" in Ohio, and it didn't happen!) Hope the rumor is true this time..
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jualdeaux

Post by jualdeaux »

The new range in Springfield is called Lauhorner. It should open at the beginning of November.

http://www.lauhorner.com/
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

Anyone know about a range on Dayton Rd on the the northeast side of Springfield??
jualdeaux

You mean the one on the SW side?

Post by jualdeaux »

Mad Duck wrote:Anyone know about a range on Dayton Rd on the the northeast side of Springfield??
All it is is a big box with lane lines painted on the floor and a wall 50 ft away.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: You mean the one on the SW side?

Post by TunnelRat »

jualdeaux wrote:All it is is a big box with lane lines painted on the floor and a wall 50 ft away.
Yup, sounds like it's either an indoor range or a bowling alley...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Just to round out this thread, I thought I'd post that I recently joined the Middletown Sportsmen's Club. I can't believe how nice the clubhouse and grounds are. The last range I belonged to up north had a beat up mobile home you could sit in, and that's about it. Nice to have a place to go practice since we're pretty new to the area.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

jualdeaux wrote:The new range in Springfield is called Lauhorner. It should open at the beginning of November.

http://www.lauhorner.com/
Whoof!!! They're pretty darned proud of their new place. A $150 annual membership gets you reduced range fees of $10.95/hr?!?!? Is that really a business model that's gonna work?
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

NavyChief wrote:Whoof!!! They're pretty darned proud of their new place. A $150 annual membership gets you reduced range fees of $10.95/hr?!?!? Is that really a business model that's gonna work?
In Toledo, Cleleland's charges about $20/hr for their pleasantly lighted and air-conditioned, indoor range. Twenty miles away from them (and ten miles closer to me) is the range at the Southeast Michigan Sportsmans Club where I can shoot as much as I want, as long as I want, nearly every day, year round, from 9 am till 11pm, for a total of $40 per year.

Yet Cleleland's maintains a thriving business. Go figure...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Of the three ranges (two of them indoor) that are somewhat handy for me annual (individual) memberships run $120-160. (Family membership for all three runs about $45 more.) Only one has any additional charge for range usage, and that's only $2 - per day. There are two other ranges a bit further away that are even cheaper... That's why I was more than a little shocked to see their rates.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

I don't have a name, but there is an range opening on Rt 40 in Vandalia, behind the tire dealership, on south side, across from the ATA grounds.
Buckshot

Post by Buckshot »

quit the board, delete
Last edited by Buckshot on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

The city shut em down, both indoors & out.