Any good ranges in the NE Ohio/ Akron area?

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

KRobb

Any good ranges in the NE Ohio/ Akron area?

Post by KRobb »

I am looking for a new range to shoot at. The one I have been using, Pro Gun in Cuy Falls, is getting to be a real pit.
Has anyone ever shot at Steel Rain? I gave their website a look-see and it seems to be a nice place. Then again any place that allows machineguns is a nice place in my book LOL. I tried Stonewall. It was kinda crowded though. I really don't care for big crowds- too many chances for accidents.

KRobb
dennisrihn
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dennisrihn »

Try Hidden Arms in Canal Fulton. It is on Locust St. (Portage Rd. coming out of North Canton).
Self-defense is Nature's eldest law.
John Dryden (1631-1700)
mattswabb

Post by mattswabb »

I go to:
A and A Shooting and Hunting Club
12006 Fenstermaker Rd
Garrettsville, OH 44231-9635

440-548-2442

They have 2 rifle ranges, trap shooting, pistol range. The best thing is that most of the area is unsupervised. $8/hour.

http://www.aashootingclub.com/

matt
KRobb

Thank You

Post by KRobb »

Thank you both for your responses. I do prefer an outdoor range- fresh air beats breathing lead vapors any day

KRobb
whiplash

Post by whiplash »

mattswabb wrote: A and A Shooting and Hunting Club
I just joined that club, I had a friend that shot out there years ago, and I took the plunge as well. It's a nice place, I was out there today with a friend.
I'm probably missing a range or two, but there are:
2 pistol ranges
2 rifle ranges (100 & 200 yards)
2 trap/skeet ranges.

Plus they have a Pro Shop on the property.
blitzer0101

Post by blitzer0101 »

dennisrihn wrote:Try Hidden Arms in Canal Fulton. It is on Locust St. (Portage Rd. coming out of North Canton).

They are under a new owner but are still located in the same plaza.
.Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin, 1759
blitzer0101

Post by blitzer0101 »

The Deer Hunter in Norton Ohio, on Barber road at the Barber Rd. Exit of State route I76.

River Front range next to the Progun Shop on Front Street in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
.Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin, 1759
Hkusp9mm

Post by Hkusp9mm »

I don't really care too too much for A and A shooting range in Garretsville, Ohio.