Archery 101 Vermilion Oh

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

muxtech

Archery 101 Vermilion Oh

Post by muxtech »

I went to the Saturday morning archery group lesson at Walker's Bow's Bend in Vermilion this morning. I want to hunt deer before Thanksgiving someday, before the cars get them. The class was 17 kids, 2 women and me. They had 5 range officers for 10 shooting positions. Very well organised and with good equipment. It's done in conjunction with Bow and Barrel Archery Club in Berlin Hts. They handed me a yellow Genesis bow. I'm shooting lefty for my dominant eye. The class is 10 am to 12 pm for $10.00. All I had to do was show up and sign in. It started last Saturday 12/1/12 and will run through most of the winter. I want to get a feel for compound bow shooting before I buy one. So if you, or your kids want to do some beginner indoor archery, come out on Saturday morning and shoot. They are west of Mill Hollow on Gore Orphanage Rd. Next week I'll probably bring my daughter for some trigger time, (string time?)

http://walkersbowbend.net/

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/ ... 959542.txt
Last edited by muxtech on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The British are going! The British are going!
Birdman

Re: Archery 101 Vermilion Oh

Post by Birdman »

That's cool Mux. Archery hunting is the way to go....nice weather, 4 month season. Not near as many idiots in the woods. Deer are doing their normal thing, not running around panting, running from hunter in orange to hunter in orange.
Keep your shots always within your comfort range, use an absolutely razor sharp broadhead, wait for a quartering away shot and let her fly.
Best of luck to you.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
muxtech

Re: Archery 101 Vermilion Oh

Post by muxtech »

Thanks Birdy. I want to take advantage of the urban zones that are loaded with deer during the rut. That seems like real hunting to me. The alternative is driving deer to the guns, or buying my own farm, (yeah right). Or, sitting, looking at an empty field all day while the deer are asleep. I already know some private land locally I could archery hunt, but not gun hunt.

I hadn't done any archery since phys. ed. class in college, about (cough-cough) years ago. :wink: I figured starting over again from the beginning would be a good idea. They got them new-fangled bows with wheels on them! :lol:
The British are going! The British are going!