Training safety: know the instructor/school, know yourself

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Training safety: know the instructor/school, know yourse

Post by TSiWRX »

Brian D. wrote:...When we do the shoot house stages at Tactical Defense Institute.. a very deliberate methodology when making sure everyone in the group has come back from scoring and pasting up the targets.
I think that's key.

I've learned a lot from reading the various Forums (I currently keep track of two others, in addition to the M4C and AKForums) threads about this most unfortunate incident. One of the things that I've learned is that with a shoot-house setup, the rules have to be clearly set out beforehand, and must be inviolate.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Training safety: know the instructor/school, know yourse

Post by Sevens »

It seems to me to be quite simple to rig even the most advanced, high dollar, high tech or even "ultimate" shoot house with a big old LIGHT BULB in each and every room, all controlled with a master switch. Leave the lights absolutely off when a stage is to be run, but when the house is to be cleared for safety before anyone runs through it -- flip on the damn switch.

I was not there.

The lead instructor elects to run himself a quick course of fire, all by his lonesome, after sunset, after more than FORTY PEOPLE are all but guaranteed to be somewhere on the property...after clearing it with "some random voice" that replied with an "okay."
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!