Avoiding Gunfights: Three simple rules

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Some people reach middle age and buy a Harley. I looked at myself and said, "Dog! If I'd knowed I was gonna live this long I'd o' took better care o' myself. Maybe I aughta do sumthin'." Of course, being active duty helps several ways. For one thing, easy as they are, the Navy does have minimum physical fitness standards I have to meet semi-annually. Further, I have free access to aforementioned pool and gym, including personal trainers; and to top it all off, CNO mandates all Sailors will be provided at least one hour three times a week to exercise. Let's see how well I keep it up after retirement...

(Oh, and in the interest of "full disclosure," I should probably also fess up to the fact that up 'til about two years ago I did, in fact, have a gut that prevented me from seeing my - uhmm - toes.)
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

NavyChief wrote:(... 'til about two years ago I did, in fact, have a gut that prevented me from seeing my - uhmm - toes.)
Yeah, I'm just now learning about tying shoes and carrying out other functions from memory. Maybe I'd better hit the gym, too....
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

tommcnaughton wrote:Maybe I'd better hit the gym, too...
I actually started off just walking, as that's what the doctor recommended as my best course of "rehab" following some major surgery. I may miss my swim, I might miss a gym day - but I always do my walk. So I guess my point is start off with something you can and will stick with. In fact, it's been shown that 30-40 minutes of walking burns just as many calories as running - and a whole lot easier on your joints.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

LAST BUT LEAST: Don't {inappropriate language} the ole lady off if she knows where the gun is!!

Hell I don't need protection! i got the wife. THEN pull out the artillery
Dr. Winston

Sage advice abd smarts rules to live by...

Post by Dr. Winston »

Michael has pointed out some smart rules, which I (as an old fart) have adheared to for a long time! ha ha

Navy Chief - It sounds like you're fighting the calender rather well! Keep up the good work and Good Luck!

I, like other 'old farts' have started to 'take better care of myself', (excercies three times a week, bought a gun) but I have to admit I am one who just bought a motorcycle last year. A Cruiser of course, no crotch rocket for me. :lol:
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington