2x upcoming classes in October

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

2x upcoming classes in October

Postby DaveT » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:40 pm

It's been quite a while since I took a pistol class. I have two I'm planning to attend on the horizon.

First, East Group Training will be offering a class called Pistol Optics (Red Dot Sight). It will be held in Fredericktown, on Sat., Oct. 1. I had not heard anything about the trainers or the class before - I literally stumbled across the description.
Here's the link to the class:
https://eastgrouptraining.com/pistolopticsrds
From the web page:
We have designed this eight-hour course for the shooter who already has a firm grasp on the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship but is looking to make the move to the RDS platform. During this class, we will concentrate on using simple repeatable exercises to help develop some of the new motor skills you’ll need to help make the transition from iron sights to optics.
This is an excellent course to establish a solid foundation of the fundamentals for utilizing the RDS platform enabling you to build upon that during future training courses.

Prerequisites
There are no pre-requisites for this class. However, you must demonstrate general safety such as Muzzle awareness and trigger finger discipline during the dry and live-fire drills at the beginning of class.

The second class, which I also had never heard of before, is Street Encounter Skills and Tactics (8-9 October, Zanesville, OH). I first heard about this class after stumbling onto this podcast from Lee Weems, another firearms trainer I had seen recommended. In the podcast, Weems speaks with John Murphy, the owner of FPF Training and the person behind the class - Street Encounter Skills and Tactics. They are joined by a YouTuber named Tessa from "Armed and Styled" and also by Jon and Sarah Hauptman, who run the company PHLster Holsters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgyGX1dlq8w

In this podcast, they all sing the praises of John Murphy's class. Here's the link to the class:
https://www.fpftraining.com/fpf-calenda ... lead-nlaak

In any case, I know nothing more than what I've read/heard so far, but I'm interested in both of these classes, and if you're interested, there's still time to sign up for both or either of them.
DaveT

Re: 2x upcoming classes in October

Postby JEaton » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:47 am

Sly, Jeff and the others at EAST group are solid instructors, they have been running classes for Buckeye Firearms for almost 10 years.
The range there is second to none. They keep it manicured like a golf course. Rifle range, 2 pistol ranges, 360 live fire house and classroom.

JLE
JEaton

Re: 2x upcoming classes in October

Postby DaveT » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:55 pm

Thanks for the input - good to hear positive feedback from someone with firsthand knowledge. I'm really looking forward to the class.
DaveT

Return to Training & Tactics