Springfield is making a BHP!

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Springfield is making a BHP!

Post by Sevens »

Huge news outta Geneseo, IL

Springfield Armory is now making their own copy of the classic P-35 Hi-Power. Now I love to nitpick me some BHP, I have some particular dislikes with this pistol, but I can save that for another time. Right now, check out this list and tell me this isn't the biggest story in the gun market right now.

--forged slide, forged frame
-- NO magazine disconnect safety, done on purpose
--15 round magazine but still compatible with the 90 years of classic BHP magazines
--American made, still waiting to hear if there is any caveat to this tidbit

-- this shocker needs it's own line... you ready?! $699 MSRP

Bold prediction.... Springfield is gonna sell a million of these suckers. Get yourself in line now!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Delta-3

Re: Springfield is making a BHP!

Post by Delta-3 »

They will sell a TON of them!
Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

I work part-time at a gun shop, someone called last night asking if we had these in stock.
So yes I expect that this will be a great seller.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

That's MY next firearm.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Anybody know if the sights and manual safety will trend towards the Mark III version instead of the older Hi Powers? Sure hope so, otherwise that great price point won't include the upgrades I'd need to purchase one.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

Brian D. wrote:Anybody know if the sights and manual safety will trend towards the Mark III version instead of the older Hi Powers? Sure hope so, otherwise that great price point won't include the upgrades I'd need to purchase one.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/sa-3 ... -handguns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The sights are dovetailed and appear to be a modern design.
Delta-3

Post by Delta-3 »

Also, supposedly no mim parts, no mag disconnect & redesigned the safety lever to be more user friendly. From what I have read & watched, parts & mags are also interchangeable with older HP's. I just don't see a down side at all.
Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Whirlwind06 wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Anybody know if the sights and manual safety will trend towards the Mark III version instead of the older Hi Powers? Sure hope so, otherwise that great price point won't include the upgrades I'd need to purchase one.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/sa-3 ... -handguns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The sights are dovetailed and appear to be a modern design.
Thanks. I managed to find a couple pictures for myself, an hour or so after asking the question.

********************************************************************************
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

Looks great, I wonder where it is made?
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
513resident

Post by 513resident »

tracker1 wrote:Looks great, I wonder where it is made?
Could be manufactured by HS Produkt in Karlovac, Croatia. That's where the Hellcat and XD line was/is made.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Back in the day I was running an obstacle course in Ft. Gordon. 1961 MP school. Sand everywhere . At the end of the course you had to lay on your belly in the sand and break down and assemble your 1911.. not a easy task in the sand..I dropped it..needless to say I couldn’t get It back together..Ever since then I hate anything that resembles a 1911. Even though I have a Colt made in the early nineteens.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
513resident

Post by 513resident »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Ever since then I hate anything that resembles a 1911
My first encounter with a 1911 didn't go well at all. I had a couple failed attempts at just getting it to go bang like my Glock easily would. It's the grip safety that turns me off to ever owning a 1911 in .38 Super.
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

513resident wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:Ever since then I hate anything that resembles a 1911
My first encounter with a 1911 didn't go well at all. I had a couple failed attempts at just getting it to go bang like my Glock easily would. It's the grip safety that turns me off to ever owning a 1911 in .38 Super.
The grip safety needs to be properly tuned in my opinion which is a minor fitting issue but once done it should not give you any issues. Most of the problems come if you grasp is not high and tight as the factory has set it. In my 1911 days I would adjust my SD 1911s with a bit of a margin in case I didn’t have a perfect grip on the draw. Back in the day it was not uncommon for some to pin the grip safety after stories of first shot failures in SD situations, whether true or not one can easily imagine it.
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

tracker wrote:Back in the day it was not uncommon for some to pin the grip safety after stories of first shot failures in SD situations, whether true or not one can easily imagine it.
I for sure shoot with people who have thirty, forty, or more trigger time using 1911 pistols for self defense as well as competition. A few of them definitely disable the grip safety.

The palm end of the thumbs on both my hands have never, at any speed, failed to engage a grip safety. But we're not all put together the same way.

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:
tracker wrote:Back in the day it was not uncommon for some to pin the grip safety after stories of first shot failures in SD situations, whether true or not one can easily imagine it.
I for sure shoot with people who have thirty, forty, or more trigger time using 1911 pistols for self defense as well as competition. A few of them definitely disable the grip safety.

The palm end of the thumbs on both my hands have never, at any speed, failed to engage a grip safety. But we're not all put together the same way.
I will second that as far as engaging the grip safety. I didn't even know there was a problem for some until I started talking to other shooters. But, the 1911 was the first semi-auto pistol I ever fired and when I went into the Army, it was the standard issue for officers, though I was issued and carried a Colt Detective Special for when I was in civilian clothes.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand