SDS Imports AR-T02?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

SDS Imports AR-T02?

Post by deanimator »

Anybody have any first or second hand knowledge of the SDS Imports AR-T02 semi-auto riot gun?

It's another Turkish Benelli clone, albeit from a company with better reviews than Legacy Sports/Citadel.

It's got a receiver rail and one under the handguard and takes Remington magazine tube extensions without modification.

I have not been able to find a SINGLE review of this gun, ANYWHERE. All I have on it is that it exists and is for sale at several dealers (not close to me) in Ohio.

The company seems at least partially reliable, and the price is competitive with the other conventional Turkish semi-auto shotguns.

I'm interested, but I think the closest place that has one to look at is Akron, and the next closest in Ashtabula. I'd really like at least SOME user feedback before making the drive, since now that Borders and CompUSA on Rt. 18 are long closed, I have no other reason to be in that area.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
deanimator

Re: SDS Imports AR-T02?

Post by deanimator »

I picked up one of these at Parma Armory a few weeks ago.

I initially had lots of issues with feeding, both of snap caps and live rounds. It would want to spit rounds onto the lifter from the magazine tube, tying the gun up, both when I dry fired it with snap caps and when I fired it with live ammunition. This was after I installed the +2 extension and accompanying spring.

Yesterday after reinstalling the OEM magazine cap and spring (retaining the follower from the extension), I took it to Select Fire and fired twenty five rounds each of Aguila 0 buck and Estate 00 buck. There were zero malfunctions. Before going to the range I lubed it the way you'd lube an M60 and worked the action a lot. I had to keep some blue shop towels handy when I was shooting it to wipe off the excess Clenzoil.

I now have a much higher opinion of the gun, not counting the sheered screw from the Picatinny rail. A Leaper's replacement from Amazon came yesterday. Its got multiple screws securing it and seems much more stable. I don't find out until next Sunday when I go back to Select Fire. I'll also be testing the extension with the OEM spring.

For $255 I don't think it's a bad deal.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.