Problems with magazine loading/unloading

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

FrankW

Problems with magazine loading/unloading

Post by FrankW »

I'm having a problem with my new Arex Rex Zero CP 9mm with full magazines. i should note that i am a new gun owner and this is my first and only gun so i don't know if this is typical or not. I will say though, that i didn't have this problem the first couple times i went to the range with it but it started happening with the 3rd time.

When i load a full magazine, I have to smack it in really hard or it doesn't lock into place. Also, once it does, if i want to unload it, the release button is just about impossible to press unless i push on the bottom of the magazine while i'm trying to release it. Empty mags go in and out smoothly without a problem.

I've tried this on 3 different magazines with the same results. Also, if i remove the slide, a full mag loads and unloads with no issues.

Can anyone help?
calvin56

Re: Problems with magazine loading/unloading

Post by calvin56 »

Load one less round.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The magazine springs will eventually lighten up some.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
FrankW

Post by FrankW »

calvin56 wrote:Load one less round.
That worked! Thanks! I guess that's a normal thing? Good to know. I"m learning.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Alternately having the slide locked open should allow you to insert a full magazine without a problem.

Full mag with that top round pressing into the bottom of the slide is why you have to smack the magazine hard to seat it. Having the slide open, or loading one less round releaves that pressure.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson