Good Gun Belt for a Big Guy

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

synack2

Good Gun Belt for a Big Guy

Post by synack2 »

Hey all,

I am looking to change over to an IWB holster. I weigh around 300lbs. Large belts (buckles) always dig into my belly when sitting down for long periods. Just wondering it there are any other large dudes on here that have the same problem and what kid of gun belt they use.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
JonasM

Re: Good Gun Belt for a Big Guy

Post by JonasM »

I'm not a big guy at 175lbs, but I've been using a travel belt that I bought in 2018 for a trip to Europe. No metal parts, so very TSA friendly, including a money compartment. But it's quite rigid and hold a holster with a G19 very nicely. The part that may help you out is that the fully adjustable buckle - easy to slightly loosen if desired and cinch up when you stand up. I sometimes loosen it up when I'm in the car. Easy enough to do it without being too obvious about it too.

This is the one I got. Out of stock but similar ones available:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4 ... UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DanielR

Post by DanielR »

I have been using a "Walmart budget belt" for about 6 months and am also looking to upgrade, I am around 370lbs and have herd good things about KORE belts from some of the guys at work.
They have dress belts and the like but the gun belt line is "reinforced" and they are all trackline cut to fit belts so sizing should be easier.
here is a link to their webpage but I also have been looking at them on amazon. https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This will most likely be what i end up going with because it is so hard to find 52'' plus size belts.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" G.S. Patton
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Triple K Leather products, Deluxe Ranger belt. I absolutely love mine.

http://www.triplek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

I've had a kore belt for a little over a year now. I've got a gut, and I found the buckle to be sharp, especially when close to the skin carrying under my t-shirt. Now that I've lost weight it's not that big of a problem. The belt itself is really stiff and strong though.
A friend has a carry belt he got at bass pro that has a velcro closure that he really likes. I might try one sometime.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

I've had one of these nylon models for about a year now.
https://blade-tech.com/collections/belt ... 5803505754" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It has held up pretty well. I like that it has a bigger range of adjustments than leather belts with holes every inch.

These https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; have also gotten pretty good reviews but do not own one.
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

This "Dickies" belt from Walmart is so far the best "gun/construction" belt I have bought. Pictures from their site don't do it justice. They show it rolled up but it is very thick, just a hair under 3/16" thick. My actual gun belt is a heavy 3/16" thick. What makes this belt so great is that it has a track system with 1/8" clicks of adjustments that can be adjusted with a push of a hidden lever. Sit down and hit the lever to loosen it and when you get up just push it together (can be done with one hand discretely). Point is this belt can be adjusted in a split second during the day as needed.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Genuine-Dick ... lsrc=aw.ds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nothing to see here...move along.
heathen

Post by heathen »

I bought a used Galco SB6 1 1/2" belt over a decade ago, wear it daily and it's still in great shape. It looks like it will last me another decade or so.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Today I replaced a 5.11 (or maybe Wilderness) reinforced nylon 1.75" belt because after 20-ish years the Velcro was worn out.

Happened to be at Cabela's on a (pointless) ammunition hunt. Turns out Red Head brand clothing makes a VERY similar belt for $25. It's 1.5" width but I can live with that.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
marca

Post by marca »

I have been using a steel-lined “Bigfoot” belt for the last couple of years and am quite pleased with it.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

Brian D. wrote:Today I replaced a 5.11 (or maybe Wilderness) reinforced nylon 1.75" belt because after 20-ish years the Velcro was worn out.

Happened to be at Cabela's on a (pointless) ammunition hunt. Turns out Red Head brand clothing makes a VERY similar belt for $25. It's 1.5" width but I can live with that.
The double thick Nylon 5.11 belts with the metal slide buckles are good. I've had one for over 2 years, when other belts lasted about 6 months. I was up to 310 lbs, now I'm down to 285 and have been able to use the same belt. The no holes and Velcro make it easy to use when you carry different size guns...
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
FIIK

Post by FIIK »

I’ve been using Nexbelt for over a year. I really like the easy adjustability of it. I’ve had no problems with it.