How to transport firearms?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

GeorgeStevens

How to transport firearms?

Post by GeorgeStevens »

I've been wondering lately, as i want to move to another state, how would i transport a firearm? obviously not through check in luggage. But Carry on? or would i need a third party to transport the firearm such as Fedex or UPS? And how about ammo? I hear that must be shipped seperatley.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: How to transport firearms?

Post by JustaShooter »

Actually, if you are going to take them with you on an airline, they *must* be transported in your checked baggage and must be declared and in TSA-approved locked cases. Up to 11 pounds of ammo can be transported in checked baggage as well (but don't have to be in approved containers - but can be). You can also do what hunters do and ship your firearms to yourself at your new address. Ammo can also be shipped as long as it is properly labeled.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
weakhand luke

Re: How to transport firearms?

Post by weakhand luke »

like this...

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/transporting ... ammunition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a safe trip!