CHL to buy Ammo?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

GWC

Re: CHL to buy Ammo?

Post by GWC »

I can confirm that prior to the FOPA ALL ammo sales were recorded in a bound book and required an ID as well. That included black powder or substitutes. I am not sure about empty brass or bullets, because we only used our own fired cartridge cases and moulded or own bullets.

*edit* I think there may have been an exemption for .22 rimfire, so not really "ALL".
"The police are not here to create disorder. They are here to preserve disorder".
Mayor Richard Daley, 1968

I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Chuck wrote:I've seen them check ID on a young friend when he added 9mm to his purchase.
They said it was because that was handgun ammo and up until then he had only rifle ammo.
Walmart, Reynoldsburg, several years ago
I have a Ruger PC-9 carbine, shoots 9mm Luger ammo ;-)

Of course they have done similar stuff at the cash register with .22 ammo, asking if it is for a handgun, or rifle. :shock:

Ken
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

OhioPaints wrote:
Chuck wrote:I've seen them check ID on a young friend when he added 9mm to his purchase.
They said it was because that was handgun ammo and up until then he had only rifle ammo.
Walmart, Reynoldsburg, several years ago
I have a Ruger PC-9 carbine, shoots 9mm Luger ammo ;-)

Of course they have done similar stuff at the cash register with .22 ammo, asking if it is for a handgun, or rifle. :shock:

Ken
I've never had them ask about .22, or at least I didn't pay any attention
That was a long time ago.
With online shopping now-a-days, I hardly go out
I don't remember Dave's Target Barn ever asking
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)