Anybody have a S&W Bodyguard .38 special revolver?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Anybody have a S&W Bodyguard .38 special revolver?

Post by Brian D. »

By which I mean the new model, with cylinder latch up top? (Already familiar with the previous versions, no need to chime in on those.) Got a lead on a used one for a very good price. I know the internals are a different design as well.

Online reviews are definitely mixed. Hence I'm seeking reviews from those who have owned or fired this recent offering.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Re: Anybody have a S&W Bodyguard .38 special revolver?

Post by Brian D. »

For future reference I'd still appreciate input, but that particular gun had been sold when I checked today. Such is life. :)

********************************************************************************
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Sorry, these new-fangled revolvers that don't use percussion caps confuse the bejeebers out of me! :shock:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Dave Shooter

Post by Dave Shooter »

Brian, I had one as my summer carry gun for several years. My particular one had an excellent trigger, one of the reasons I bought it. Shot it regularly and took a class at TDI with it. Once made the mistake of shooting Buffalo Bores through it. Recoil was absolutely viscous as might be expected in a 14 oz gun; "regular " +Ps were tolerable. Had a screw back out a bit but didn't cause a problem. The laser eventually quit working, and I sold it and replaced with a LCR9 and Crimson Trace grips.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

I honestly believe that modern Taurus revolvers are a better value than this gun, and are long-term less problem prone.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Appreciate the feedback, always welcome.