Aftermarket Trigger For Sig P365?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Aftermarket Trigger For Sig P365?

Post by gilly32 »

First off, let me say I do not like the factory trigger on my Sig P365. I am considering buying an aftermarket trigger from Armory Craft and having it installed by a local gunsmith.

One of the gunsmiths I spoke to said he would do it for $50, but since it was not a Sig Sauer brand of trigger, he would not guarantee function.

The other one is a certified Sig armorer and said he would not do it unless it was a Sig trigger. He said if I replace it with anything else, it voids my warranty with Sig.

Many of you have much more experience in this area than I do, so should I be concerned about doing this change and voiding the warranty?
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
Brian D.

Re: Aftermarket Trigger For Sig P365?

Post by Brian D. »

Do a deep dive on reviews of the Armory Craft product with regards to durability. It may be worth voiding the warranty.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

I'm a bit more concerned wit the stock trigger. If pressure to the trigger shoe is applied but the safety tab isn't depressed, obviously it shouldn't move (and doesn't). If the finger doesn't release pressure, but slides into place where it should be and depresses the tab, the shoe will still not drop the striker.

That's a concern for me.

As far as gun modifications go to the fire control group, if you can't explain in court why you modified something, I would leave that alone and look for a pistol that provides the attributes you desire out of the box instead.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

One option is the 365XL flat trigger, which many people have retro-fitted into the regular 365 (and is all Sig naturally). Having shot both, the flat trigger is quite superior in my opinion.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member