80% G17 build

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

cromanos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

80% G17 build

Post by cromanos »

I want to try my hand at a G17 P80 build. Nothing fancy, to me Glocks are utilitarian guns, so not looking for a gold barrel, competition magwell, slide cutouts, etc., but I would like an optics cut slide and suppressor sights, and maybe a threaded barrel, and a decent trigger - something on par with a stock P10C would be fine.

What do you guys recommend and what do you recommend against?

For instance, AIM Surplus pretty much sells all the parts at reasonable prices, but are there parts manufacturers I should avoid?

So, just generally looking for community input here.

Thanks in advance!
"THAT RIFLE HANGING ON THE WALL OF THE WORKING-CLASS FLAT OR LABOURER'S COTTAGE, IS THE SYMBOL OF DEMOCRACY. IT IS OUR JOB TO SEE THAT IT STAYS THERE." George Orwell
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: 80% G17 build

Post by WhyNot »

So, just generally looking for community input here.
May I suggest getting a G22 upper, then put a conversion to 9mm barrel into it. Preserve the option of going fou'ty, later. Or other applicable calibers, 357SIG etc.

You would have to get a conversion barrel (G22 to 9mm) 1st, instead of a plain 9mm barrel but the $ isn't any different. Not like when I conversioned my factory G22 :shock: .

Yes I looked into all this, but, once you even get basic components , slide, barrel, upper guts, sights, lower & lower guts, it was right at what I got my pistol for $$ at Vances. Mind you I also got LEO discount, but , I was shopping for me apples to apples. And my conversion barrel back then was MUCHO :shock: more dinero$.

Also FYI there are NO GEN4 80% lowers, it's a trademark or patent problem. GEN3 only. Be careful whatever upper U get, is NOT GEN4!!

Good luck, lettuce know what / how you do :D
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good