NE Ohio Source for AR Uppers?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

NE Ohio Source for AR Uppers?

Post by deanimator »

Since between the fire, move and Kung Flu I don't think I'll be seeing a Palmetto State Arsenal AK103 any time soon, I've decided to upgrade my very basic AR carbine.

Is there any place in the NE Ohio area (Cuyahoga, Lorain, Summit, etc.) that has a good variety of decent quality complete AR uppers?

There's a place on Canal Rd. that I've been to that seemed to have uppers, but I didn't pay all that much attention since I wasn't in the market at the time.

I'm looking at:
  • 16"
  • mid-length
  • full length M-Lock forend
  • Including quality bolt carrier group
I'd like some place local, so that I can handle what I'm getting.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
ArmedAviator

Re: NE Ohio Source for AR Uppers?

Post by ArmedAviator »

You can order from anyone online and ship an upper right to your door. No need to limit yourself to local.

BCM is my go-to for quality builds. It's pricy but this is the one that I have and it's a tack-driver and it's in stock. BCGs are a dime a dozen on AR forums if you want to save some money.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

ArmedAviator wrote:You can order from anyone online and ship an upper right to your door. No need to limit yourself to local.

BCM is my go-to for quality builds. It's pricy but this is the one that I have and it's a tack-driver and it's in stock. BCGs are a dime a dozen on AR forums if you want to save some money.
I'd like to be able to handle what I'm buying before I buy it. I'd rather not have to pay to send something back because I don't like it and would have found that out by handling it before I bought it.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

D&A Armory LLC
34990 East Royalton road
grafton ohio
440-669-3914

Had a few uppers there on Saturday. I didn't look at them so can't say what brand they are.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Whirlwind06 wrote:D&A Armory LLC
34990 East Royalton road
grafton ohio
440-669-3914

Had a few uppers there on Saturday. I didn't look at them so can't say what brand they are.
Thanks.

It think that if you're going to spend that much money, you ought to handle the item first.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

deanimator wrote: It think that if you're going to spend that much money, you ought to handle the item first.
With you all the way on that sentiment, deano. Not just gun stuff, either.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Custom Small Arms located in Parma Armory if you wish to assemble your own.. Not sure if he sells complete uppers as well, or just all the parts, tools.
Also has benches with tools you can rent to assemble it there.
was only able to stop in quickly over lunch one day.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Bruenor wrote:Custom Small Arms located in Parma Armory if you wish to assemble your own.. Not sure if he sells complete uppers as well, or just all the parts, tools.
Is that the place that's in the old National Guard armory?
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

deanimator wrote:
Bruenor wrote:Custom Small Arms located in Parma Armory if you wish to assemble your own.. Not sure if he sells complete uppers as well, or just all the parts, tools.
Just looks like an old nondescript industrial building.
Exit 480 at Tiedeman road and head south, Cross Brookpark road (Tiedeman turns into Hauserman road when you cross Brookpark) and the Parma Armory will be on the left side.
I thought it was just a gunstore and range, but once I got inside I see there's a couple small firearm businesses as well, like this one that does the custom AR stuff. https://www.theparmaarmory.com/tennants ... -arms-new/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5301 Hauserman Rd, Cleveland, OH 44130
https://www.theparmaarmory.com/contact-and-support/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Bruenor wrote:
deanimator wrote:
Just looks like an old nondescript industrial building.
Exit 480 at Tiedeman road and head south, Cross Brookpark road (Tiedeman turns into Hauserman road when you cross Brookpark) and the Parma Armory will be on the left side.
I thought it was just a gunstore and range, but once I got inside I see there's a couple small firearm businesses as well, like this one that does the custom AR stuff. https://www.theparmaarmory.com/tennants ... -arms-new/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5301 Hauserman Rd, Cleveland, OH 44130
https://www.theparmaarmory.com/contact-and-support/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just came back from there. Bought a set of backup sights for my Bear Creek upper that comes tomorrow.

And it is indeed the place I visited one before. And it does look like an Army Reserve/National Guard center, in fact, just like the one I had in Illinois.