Brand new Glock 44 kaboom

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Brand new Glock 44 kaboom

Post by evan price »

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Gl ... 13-193065/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Purchased gun for my grandson we were taking turns shooting it. We had Ran about 5 mags through it and it was my turn to shoot. I pulled the trigger 1st round out of that mag I felt stuff hit me in the face gun jammed I looked down to clear it and noticed the extractor gone and slide crack. Guess I will be calling Glock Monday.
Picture on original thread of cracked polymer slide.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Brand new Glock 44 kaboom

Post by Mr. Glock »

The S&W M&P 15-22 was (maybe still is, I don't know) having a higher than usual number of out-of-battery firing issues, the OP thread seems to indicate that might have happened here. Interesting. Clock said they fired tons of rounds of all types of 22 in development, but the real world always puts a twist on things.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Who knew that a Glock grenade worked even in rimfire? :lol: 8)
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

I thought I read somewhere the slide was partially made out of plastic.
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

tracker1 wrote:I thought I read somewhere the slide was partially made out of plastic.
Yes, it's a steel slide overmolded with their polymer material.

I've had mine for a week, 227 rounds through it (four different manufacturers). No issues to date, just one failure to feed (a waxy coated .22LR from S&B). There are a handful of these problems reported where it may be related to an OOB causing the ejector to be blown off. The case shown here had further slide damage, but in most reports the ejector is pushed out of the gun with no slide damage.