"Mule Loops"

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

"Mule Loops"

Post by techmike »

I have this nice lever gun, but the ergonomics of manipulating the lever sucked. Then I found Mule Loops. You send Jamie your lever/loop, and he will make it great. I chose a "John Wayne" loop for mine and it is really nice. He does great work.

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Brian D.

Re: "Mule Loops"

Post by Brian D. »

Somebody or other has been offering those loops levers at least since the advent of Cowboy Action Shooting in the late 1980s. If anyone remembers when 'Shotgun News' was printed** three times a month and available via subscription** or decent sized newsstand**. that's where I first recall seeing them for sale.

**I just made references to three different things that are now almost as unseen as dinosaurs and pay telephone booths. Sorry.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Very cool and attractive looking also.

Just wanted to wedge in my thoughts on aging, while reading BrianD's post.
I remember Chuck Connors in "The Rifleman", as my Dad watched. It was very much in reruns at that point. I also remember the Shotgun News and when I was new to the gun world, it kidna blew my mind! I'm not sure I've ever seen a real live street side "news stand" but that likely has more to do with my travels than with my age.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sevens wrote:Very cool and attractive looking also.

I remember Chuck Connors in "The Rifleman", as my Dad watched. It was very much in reruns at that point. I also remember the Shotgun News and when I was new to the gun world, it kidna blew my mind! I'm not sure I've ever seen a real live street side "news stand" but that likely has more to do with my travels than with my age.
Downtown Cincinnati still has a newsstand, but it's actually an indoor store, not the olde timey kind out on the sidewalk. But even that more modern version is all but gone.

********************************************************************************
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Now to pull this back on topic techmike, If you don't already know, the Single Action Shooting Society has pretty good forum and website, last I checked. Lots of vendors with lots of good stuff related to all aspects of the game.

techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Brian D. wrote:Now to pull this back on topic techmike, If you don't already know, the Single Action Shooting Society has pretty good forum and website, last I checked. Lots of vendors with lots of good stuff related to all aspects of the game.
Never seem to have enough time to get involved in organized events, and I work weekends. But thanks for the tip.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Sevens wrote:Very cool and attractive looking also.

Man I am OLD! I watched The Rifleman when it was first broadcast as a little kid... Liked the lever he used then!................uuurrrrgggg :)
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <