In car storage. ***updated with Pictures***

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

lar1

Re: In car storage. ***updated with Pictures***

Post by lar1 »

I have a bulldog. I am happy with it, except for interior size. on the way home from vacation, I went to get something out of the back and my carry bag, with the bulldog in it fell out from a height of about 5 or 6 feet. My wife proceeded to tell me that that has fallen out every time she opened the back on our 7 hour trip home. once we got home, I spent about 15 to 20 minutes straightening the latch, so I could then turn the key. I would say the cable I use on it, is the weak point. I don't leave it in the vehicle over night. when we vacation, I take it in with me to secure the firearm at night from the kids.
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

Aesinsp wrote:I drive around in a 3/4 ton Suburban with a 500# safe to secure my weapons.. & an unbreakable huge chain welded to the vehicle's frame.
Where does one get an "unbreakable chain"? I'm guessing the easiest place to break yours would be the weld. Reason for my reply is I have guys working for me that could break an anvil.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

concreteguy wrote:
Aesinsp wrote:I drive around in a 3/4 ton Suburban with a 500# safe to secure my weapons.. & an unbreakable huge chain welded to the vehicle's frame.
Where does one get an "unbreakable chain"? I'm guessing the easiest place to break yours would be the weld. Reason for my reply is I have guys working for me that could break an anvil.
It is often said about the fire service (my line of work) that we have "Guys who could bust an anvil with a rubber mallet".
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

carmen fovozzo wrote:If I know in advance that I have to leave my gun in the car I always take my wife's car. I don't want my car's glove box to get damaged.....please don't tell her I said this....
:lol:

---

Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio