What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hrs?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jeep45238

Re: What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hr

Post by jeep45238 »

Brian D. wrote:Guess I'm on a .22 kick. Probably going to buy a Glock model 44 today.
I grabbed a S&W 43c - been looking for one for almost two years. I still can't believe I had a customer with arthritis want to special order a 340PD and carry .357 mag - guns are the same weight!
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

jeep45238 wrote:I grabbed a S&W 43c - been looking for one for almost two years. I still can't believe I had a customer with arthritis want to special order a 340PD and carry .357 mag - guns are the same weight!
Yep. Lightweight five shot revolvers with .357 Magnum on board often seem like a cool idea...until you fire them. Having tried most brands of those, the Ruger LCR hurt the least in my hands. The polymer flexes and soaks up part of the recoil.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:The polymer flexes
And that right there kinda concerns me...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

JustaShooter wrote:
It shouldn't. There's steel "skeleton" in there too. Glock and other polymer-containing hand guns flex like that. Might shorten a Glock's service life to what, a million rounds?

********************************************************************************
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

9mm ammo and cleaning supplies...
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

JustaShooter wrote:
It's extremely effective, and to me flexes a lot less than most polymer semi auto guns in my hand.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

24 lbs of misc powder.

amazing the Fin has a 2 box per day limit on Ammo, but no limit on powder for reloading :) Had primers in stock as well prices weren't too terrible not sure if there was a limit on those.
they were PACKED today around noon. Had people waiting outside for the gun counter as they were limiting the number of people back there.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

For the first time ever, I bought a gun for no practical reason at all, purely nostalgia. A Beretta model 950 in .25 acp. Price was right and it came with two extra magazines.

Why nostalgia? Because before 2004, when licensed carry was created, I sometimes carried concealed anyhow, flying under the flag of the "prudent man affirmative defense".

If you did that, a lot of hassle could be saved if the gun was so small as to avoid detection by even the small percentage of police who were good at spotting carriers. Usually I picked a J frame .38 or small single stack .380/9mm, but those Beretta .25 autos are tiny, and unbelievably reliable.

Back in 2005 or so I sold mine, thinking how it had become obsolete. Lately I started keeping an eye out for another, but most people seem to think they're collector's items or something, given the prices.

Now, to find my .25 reloading gear and components, I'm not paying pandemic prices for ammo.

Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

The Beretta 950 Jetfire, a single action 25 or 22 short. I remember these as a pocket gun way back in the 1990’s in another state as a legal CCW. The big debate back then was 22 short vs 25. More rimfire rounds or the reliability of centerfire.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Delta-3

Post by Delta-3 »

Those Beretta .22/.25 pocket guns are fantastic!
Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I bought a couple of slip on strap cushions for the two GI six magazine bandoliers that I bought when I upgraded my AR last month. The straps are kind of narrow when they're weighed down with loaded magazines.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

A couple suppressor covers to save my hand from being burnt, and block the heat signature from the can to reduce Mirage caused by heat from the can.
Bauers group has them for $35.00 about half what anyone elses covers cost.
https://bowersgroup.com/product/griptas ... er-covers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A couple caveman LLC Flare Mini heat reactive silicon bands to go on a barrel or Suppressor
https://www.cavemanllc.net/flare-mini/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
$9.99 with purchase of 2 or more | FREE SHIPPING! | Code “2isBetterThan1”

Love the deals when you can find em
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Tikka T1x. It’s literally everything any other bolt gun .22LR is trying to be in one package without any other parts to improve anything. It also has a proper single stage trigger, none of the ‘blade’ in the trigger stuff. Now I’m just waiting for the front focal plane optic to come in and figure out the rings and cheek riser to put on the stock.

Plus it’s going to be silly with subsonic ammo through the muffler.

-Important distinction
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

jeep45238 wrote:Tikka T1x. It’s literally everything any other bolt gun .22LR is trying to be in one package without any other parts to improve anything. It also has a proper single stage trigger, none of the ‘blade’ in the trigger stuff. Now I’m just waiting for the front focal plane optic to come in and figure out the rings and cheek riser to put on the stock.

There's a nifty calculator for ring height here: http://www.mil-rad.com/scope_ring_calculator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sharp looking rifle.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Bruenor wrote:
jeep45238 wrote:Tikka T1x. It’s literally everything any other bolt gun .22LR is trying to be in one package without any other parts to improve anything. It also has a proper single stage trigger, none of the ‘blade’ in the trigger stuff. Now I’m just waiting for the front focal plane optic to come in and figure out the rings and cheek riser to put on the stock.

There's a nifty calculator for ring height here: http://www.mil-rad.com/scope_ring_calculator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sharp looking rifle.

Thanks for the heads up!

-Important distinction