What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hrs?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hr

Post by Aesinsp »

A few boxes of training 9mm fmj 13.99(?)/50 I believe at the local RuralKing.

BD- I know a guy with a 34Gl, he’s a fan of the long slide to help out with accuracy.. not necessarily super concealable though, if that’s anyone’s concern.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Aesinsp wrote:A few boxes of training 9mm fmj 13.99(?)/50 I believe at the local RuralKing.

BD- I know a guy with a 34Gl, he’s a fan of the long slide to help out with accuracy.. not necessarily super concealable though, if that’s anyone’s concern.
That's a good price for the 9mm ammo these days. Lebanon has a Rural King, along the same road I take to the outdoor range. Maybe I should have stopped there.

Typically, the Glock 34 comes with a better trigger than the more common models.

I agree about that longer slide making the 34 tougher to conceal and carry, but know a couple instructors that tote them IWB appendix style, with red dot sights and flashlights aboard as well.. Neither of them are skinny, but somehow they manage it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

Just bought a Sig P365 at Rural King inWooster for 429.00 plus tax. I had decided to carry 24/7 again and picked the p365 . Great reviews but wasn’t looking to spend minimum of $589 which is what local shops were asking. I already have to good carry guns so I didn’t want to be ought a lot of money. Went to Rural King to look at the Ruger EC9s at $ 259 but when I saw the Sig at $ 429 it was a no brainer. They do the 4473 and Nics check all by computer. Very easy purchase. Great salesman.
WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

Forgot to mention, it fits in my old Shield holster perfectly. Nice money saver there.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

WeinerDog wrote:Forgot to mention, it fits in my old Shield holster perfectly. Nice money saver there.
I've had a little luck with that over the years. Just make darn sure it really fits the holster properly, especially when moving around, sitting down, etc.

********************************************************************************
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Ticket to attend a snub class with Greg Eliftriz.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

Brian D. wrote:
WeinerDog wrote:Forgot to mention, it fits in my old Shield holster perfectly. Nice money saver there.
I've had a little luck with that over the years. Just make darn sure it really fits the holster properly, especially when moving around, sitting down, etc.
It’s a chest holster so hopefully no problems.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

AP5 because why not ? Impatiently awaiting it's arrival at my FFL. Need a tri-lug adapter for my can now.

update: Tri-lug adapter, sling, optics rail, and spare mags en-route
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Enigma express for an LCR, and a trio of conformable AIWB wedges from Mastermind Tactics

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/enigma-landing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/acp-3pack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

More .22LR

-Important distinction
513resident

Post by 513resident »

FN Five-Seven. Which I was initially thrilled with until I started researching the price, availability and selection of factory ammunition. :|
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

513resident wrote:FN Five-Seven. Which I was initially thrilled with until I started researching the price, availability and selection of factory ammunition. :|
The ballistics are extremely similar to 22mag, at much more expense.

-Important distinction
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

jeep45238 wrote:
513resident wrote:FN Five-Seven. Which I was initially thrilled with until I started researching the price, availability and selection of factory ammunition. :|
I stated that around an extreme fan of the 5.7 once. The conversation went downhill from there.

513resident

Post by 513resident »

jeep45238 wrote:
I realize that it is an exotic "niche gun." It is lightweight and practically zero recoil so you can send all 20 rounds into the backstop without having to reacquire the sight picture. The Five-Seven has always been controversial with regard to performance and suitability for civilian ownership and has been even more vilified by anti-gun groups like Brady united. I was inspired to get one because of H.R. 1808 which is still pending in the Senate. Normally I don't panic at the thought of so called "assault weapons" bans, but having come of gun buying age just a few years before the 1994 Clinton Ban, I know that it can happen just like that. I told a buddy of mine that if he has any interest in an AR or whatever, then he should get it ASAP.

As for the .22 WMR claim, I am sure someone on Youtube has chronographed the two cartridges...and hopefully out of the same sort of weapon. I have 27 grain lead free projectiles which are made of an aluminum core with a thick copper jacket. They allegedly hit around 2000 fps out of a Five Seven pistol and will punch through Level IIIa body armor. I haven't looked into it, but I doubt that a Kel Tec PMR-30 can produce that same level of performance, nor can its rimfire ammo be handloaded.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

You are extremely unlikely to hit anything if you aren't acquiring a sight picture (which includes between splits), so...maybe not send a magazine worth without doing that.

You can't buy the ammo that punches through armor any different than a standard FMJ.

22WMR goes from 30 to 50 grains with standard ammo with fps from 1490-1950 from the Keltec pistol.

-Important distinction