Cuyahoga County Gunshow

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

netphoenix

Cuyahoga County Gunshow

Post by netphoenix »

Got up this morning and wondered what I'd do. A quick search on the internet and I found that a gun show was happening at the Cuyahoga Cty Fairgrounds.

Keep in mind I live near I-80, exit 13. The destination was exit 161. What the heck.... Nothing else to do today so I might as well burn $29 in gas :?

They put on one very nice show! Three buildings full of everything imaginable. Two things it was weak on though: 1) I thought it'd be cool if I found an OFCC booth and 2) I'd have liked more concealed carry gear. And that's really picking nits. They had it all.

I located the man that put the show on and thanked him. He was surprised when he found out how far I had come - as did the two vendors I purchased from.

There was a thread somewhere, a while back, that referred to a very small, lockable case for vehicle carry. The thing was barely larger than your small-frame pistol. I purchased one for about $30 from H-Tronics located in North Canton.

My second "show purchase" was for the boss. She likes her handgun, but has difficulty figuring out how to comfortably carry. She recently handled a Kel Tec P3AT and made a point to tell me "See! THIS is what I'm talking about". Well, who am I to argue :wink: I found them running about $40 less than what folks wanted for them around home (remember my gas money). I counter offered and the guy wouldn't budge. I walked out and basically got chased down by another vendor who overheard the conversation. Needless to say, my wife has her Kel Tec and I should be in her good graces for at least a couple of weeks.... :D

When finished I felt like the guy who would travel 20 miles to save 3 cents/gallon on gas. What the heck, I had fun!

Upcoming Gun Shows:

Summit Cty Fairgrounds: Sep 24/25 & Oct 29/30
Cuyahoga Cty Fairgrounds: Oct 22/23
Eastwood Mall Expo Center (Niles): Oct 1/2

-Chris
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I went 2 months ago and spent too much at that one, or I would have attended todays.

its so easy to get carried away in there :D

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and found some good deals. You had nice weather for it too.

Thanks for listing Octobers date, I'll try and scrape some $$ together for that one.
Life is precious, Got Sig?
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w
gd9704

Post by gd9704 »

Netphoenix,

If you're not familiar with the P3-AT, spend a little time on these websites:

http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/index.php

http://www.ktog.org/tecwerks.htm

The P3-AT is an awesome carry gun, but they often need a little massaging to make reliable. Some owners report a rock-solid reliable little shooter out of the box, but many (me being one) find that their new gun tends to hiccup more than we'd like.......

I had to send mine back to the factory for a failure to extract problem. Kel-Tec does stand behind their lifetime guarantee, and the gun was back in my hands in less than 2 weeks.

Once fixed, you can't beat these things for concealability.

Please take the time to run several boxes through it before you trust your wife's life with it.

Stay safe,

Greg
netphoenix

Post by netphoenix »

gd9704 wrote:The P3-AT is an awesome carry gun, but they often need a little massaging to make reliable.
Yep, I got that impression after doing some reading online prior to the purchase. Something that impressed me was the kind of response I got from several dealers that were selling them - I found 5 at the show. Of them, I talked to three of 'em, asking if they ever shot the thing, two of those pulled it out of their back pocket.

I'll be running a box of ammo through it tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but am prepared to send it in for some massaging.

-Chris
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

gd9704 wrote:The P3-AT is an awesome carry gun, but they often need a little massaging to make reliable. Some owners report a rock-solid reliable little shooter out of the box, but many (me being one) find that their new gun tends to hiccup more than we'd like.......

I had to send mine back to the factory for a failure to extract problem. Kel-Tec does stand behind their lifetime guarantee, and the gun was back in my hands in less than 2 weeks.
'Kel-Tec does stand behind their lifetime guarantee'
Unfortunately, your lifetime may not be very long if your .380 fails you at an inopportune time... :?

It may take a little work to get your P3AT up and running reliably (Duh! It costs well less than $300 -- you should expect it to take a little work), but, once you've got it going bang every time, it quickly becomes your "always" gun. :D
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
netphoenix

Post by netphoenix »

tommcnaughton wrote:Unfortunately, your lifetime may not be very long if your .380 fails you at an inopportune time... :?
Welp, I've seen my share of feed problems with real pretty, and expensive pistols. I've learned price doesn't equate reliability. I'm gonna put this little puppy through the mill just like any other weapon. The feedback from KelTec owners that had difficulties was very positive - more than I've seen for most other brands. Time will tell.

-Chris
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

My two main carry pieces have YET to misfeed or misfire.

Kahr MK9

Radom P-64