What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hrs?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Re: What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hr

Post by Bruenor »

513resident wrote:FN Five-Seven. Which I was initially thrilled with until I started researching the price, availability and selection of factory ammunition. :|
Saw some in the LGS yesterday and at $44.00 a box ouch. I know this shop isn't the most reasonably priced but still. even the online price at 0.70 a round is steep.

I feel your pain.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Found a great deal on a barely used M&P 9EZ M2 and have been wanting one to use for instructing for a while.

found a deal on a used Savage model 10 in .223 . Now have to decide if I'm leaving as is, reaming to .223 Wylde so I can shoot 5.56, or doing a barrel and bolt face swap and converting it to 6.5CM. so many options.

completing paperwork for the latest suppressor purchase as well. looks like turn around on eForm 4's is currently 5-6 Months, so guess I'll have it in the spring.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
513resident

Post by 513resident »

Hey Jeep...check out 7:10 of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmhmtJvLZQU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

513resident wrote:Hey Jeep...check out 7:10 of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmhmtJvLZQU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I didn't make that previous comment for you, but rather for others to hopefully help them out. Spend money as you see fit, but physics is still physics, and entertainment channels will always be as such.

7.62x25 has just as much of a reputation of defeating soft armor, with a ton less money invested to make it happen.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
513resident

Post by 513resident »

jeep45238 wrote:
513resident wrote:Hey Jeep...check out 7:10 of this video.
7.62x25 has just as much of a reputation of defeating soft armor, with a ton less money invested to make it happen.
True.
513resident

Post by 513resident »

Bought an IWI Zion-15 Rifle today. I still think that if we keep losing elections we will eventually have a government capable of passing off another AWB. My advice to you all is - keep buying semi-autos, bulk ammo and 15, 20 and 30 round magazines because one day you may no longer be able to buy them from retailers. It is a safe investment as such items rarely depreciate in value these days.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Sig 365.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
FIIK

Post by FIIK »

Walther PDP F series 3.5" barrel
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

FIIK wrote:Walther PDP F series 3.5" barrel
Excellent triggers on the PPQ/PDP series Walthers. And the competition models, well I think they'd be a little too light for a self defense piece. Perfect for match use though.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
FIIK

Post by FIIK »

Brian D. wrote:
Excellent triggers on the PPQ/PDP series Walthers. And the competition models, well I think they'd be a little too light for a self defense piece. Perfect for match use though.
The trigger is really smooth and is about 5.5 lbs. At least according to their specs. The grip and trigger reach has been reduced and feels like the Glock 17 I have from the latter part of the 1980's, before they started to change them. Just don't know why they included polymer sights.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

FIIK wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
The trigger is really smooth and is about 5.5 lbs. At least according to their specs. The grip and trigger reach has been reduced and feels like the Glock 17 I have from the latter part of the 1980's, before they started to change them. Just don't know why they included polymer sights.
Sights are the almost immediate changeover for most serious Glock shooters (if you aren't, then you'll probably not have any preference and will leave the stock plastic ones in place).

Walther was smart and setup the PDP to use existing Glock sights, meaning owners have the world available to them to pick sights they prefer. As such, the sights cost probably under $2 to make and install at the factory, while not passing on a large expense to the end user.

https://waltherarms.com/blog/walther-pd ... et-support" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
synack2

Post by synack2 »

I took her to the Simtrainer and fired 350 rounds through her, and took her to the range tonight and ran another 150 rounds. This gun is a blast to shoot. She just hits right were I want it to every single time, and it super reliable. I wish I would have built a PCC years ago. It was 3 years in the making as I slowly gathered all the parts and kept putting it on the back burner. It's a 9MM and its on a Tennesee Arms TAC-9 Lower, and Anderson parts kit, and a Foxtrot Mike Upper and BCG. She takes Glock mags. I put a super cheap red dot on it. I got it from Amazon for like $22, and it is dead on and holds zero perfectly. I put a cheap light on the side and got a Mlock Swivel Sing Mount on the front. I am going to SBR it next month when I have the $200, but I really am liking this Stabilizing fin. It is light, my sling wraps around it perfect, it just works, so I am probably going to keep it on there! I can't wait to get this girl to a carbine class!

Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper