Where to buy Ballistol

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

513resident

Where to buy Ballistol

Post by 513resident »

Does anyone know where I can buy Ballistol in the SW Ohio, Tri-State area? I know I could probably order it from Midway USA or some such place but it'd be nice to just go to a local store and buy a can! Thanks.
Brian D.

Re: Where to buy Ballistol

Post by Brian D. »

Don't know off the top of my head. You might as well just call around. Or, wait for someone smarter than me to reply.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Try punching your zip code into their handy dandy where to buy ballistol page, and see what that gets you.

https://ballistol.com/buy-ballistol/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
513resident

Post by 513resident »

Thanks folks. I did visit all the LGS's. No one around here has it. The finder feature gives me only two nearby locations. One is in Florence KY but that is a wholesaler of industrial supplies and I'd probably have to buy a pallet of the stuff. It says 22 Three in Lebanon, Ohio has it...but that's at the outer limit of how far I want to drive. Maybe I will!
Probably easiest to just order it online. You'd think more gun stores would carry Ballistol. Lots of people use it.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

For what it's worth 22/Three is a nice store. They buy, sell, and trade used firearms along with the new stuff. The range is clean, well lit, etc.

********************************************************************************
513resident

Post by 513resident »

Brian D. wrote:For what it's worth 22/Three is a nice store. They buy, sell, and trade used firearms along with the new stuff. The range is clean, well lit, etc.
Yeah I had to make a trip to Lebanon a few months back. I was pressed for time. Regretted not stopping at 22 Three when I drove right past it. AFAIK, Vance's is not all that far up the road. I've never been there, either.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Vance Outdoors in Lebanon is worth a visit. Another store that deals in used guns. Some of the police trade in handguns look they never got put in a holster. And if you are so inclined, just south of there on Ohio 48 is a Rural King, plus a gun shop called Country Attic Treasures. The latter may stock Ballistol products, can't remember.

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

The best way to find Ballistol where you can actually pick it up and pay for it tends to be at gun shows. Same thing with Kano Kroil.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
513resident

Post by 513resident »

Thanks Sevens. That is a good idea. Only negative is I hate having to pay the $10 admission :roll:
513resident

Post by 513resident »

Brian D. wrote:Vance Outdoors in Lebanon is worth a visit. Another store that deals in used guns. Some of the police trade in handguns look they never got put in a holster. And if you are so inclined, just south of there on Ohio 48 is a Rural King, plus a gun shop called Country Attic Treasures. The latter may stock Ballistol products, can't remember.
Thanks Brian. Been to The Country Attic but it was about 15 or 20 years ago. I'm glad to know they are still in business. Mom and Pop gun shops are getting rarer as time goes by.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Country Attic Treasures moved about a half mile from where they were back then. Check for current location.

Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

513resident wrote:Thanks folks. I did visit all the LGS's. No one around here has it. The finder feature gives me only two nearby locations. One is in Florence KY but that is a wholesaler of industrial supplies and I'd probably have to buy a pallet of the stuff. It says 22 Three in Lebanon, Ohio has it...but that's at the outer limit of how far I want to drive. Maybe I will!
Probably easiest to just order it online. You'd think more gun stores would carry Ballistol. Lots of people use it.
That's interesting when I punched in my zip I got quite a few local Ohio stores. Figured you would have similar luck with that link, but I guess not. was worth a shot anyhow.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

I've been buying mine at MidwayUSA... seems that online is the only reliable source.
513resident

Post by 513resident »

Klingon00 wrote:I've been buying mine at MidwayUSA... seems that online is the only reliable source.
Thanks to Brian D's advice above, I just picked up two cans of the stuff today at a LGS called "22three" :D
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Glad you found what you were searching for.