CC Fanny Pack Recommendations

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ParaC7

CC Fanny Pack Recommendations

Post by ParaC7 »

My wife has decided to carry when she takes her walks, but is usually not wearing clothing that is suited for effectively managing a holster. Wondering what kind of fanny pack rigs people are using, (she will be carrying her small 38 revolver) she does not want a tactical looking fanny pack as it screams CC. Any help appreciated! Thanks everyone!
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
Brian D.

Re: CC Fanny Pack Recommendations

Post by Brian D. »

No specific offerings come to mind. I'd suggest something that can be opened quickly and easily with one hand.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Galco has a newer offering called the Fastrax (several sizes/colors), which works very well (unique way to pull up and present the gun) and isn't too tactical-looking. They have a 25% off sale right now for July 4th.

One additional idea is to sew a non-gun-related patch on the front, to make is look less tactical.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Sidestepping the fanny pack, another option to consider is the Enigma from phlsterholsters.com.

The Enigma is, basically, a chassis to carry a pistol on you without a belt through your pants. WIth a good IWB holster, you attach it to the Enigma, and size it to fit you well, then you can dress in whatever (whether business clothes, sweat pants, shorts, medical scrubs, etc.) and the holster is held to your body without attaching to your waistband/having your clothes support the weight.

I...haven't tried this yet, but I think it looks really good. They have a lot of resources on their website about troubleshooting/optimizing the fit, etc.