What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hrs?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hr

Post by steves 50de »

Remington Tac 14 shotgun. :D
Black Rifles Matter
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

steves 50de wrote:Remington Tac 14 shotgun. :D
Appropriate for you, like James Caan's character "Mississippi" in John Wayne's movie El Dorado. I've seen you shoot. :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

As long as I can out shoot that old FART, Carmen. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

steves 50de wrote:As long as I can out shoot that old FART, Carmen. :lol:
Be nice to a old man that just got over Covid.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
steves 50de wrote:As long as I can out shoot that old FART, Carmen. :lol:
Be nice to a old man that just got over Covid.
So much for getting the shots. :roll: Hope you are feeling better. :wink
I've had covid 3 times no shots for me but, it is less severe each time you get it.
Black Rifles Matter
513resident

Post by 513resident »

Bought 1000 rds of Prvi Partizan 9mm. Plain white box variety. :D
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Not Exactly the last 48 hrs. I finished my SBR last week though.

It is a PSA Lower, with a Anderson Lower parts kit, with the stainless steel trigger and hammer (A much underrated trigger in my book)
I have a nitride PSA bolt carrier group, and a 10.5" PSA upper.
The Buffer Tube, Stock, spring, sling, castle nut, and buffer were all cheapies from the Gun show.
It has a Ambi Charging handle, and a Feyachi red dot, and a Magpul rear flip up sight.
I have a Povast light on it (it's cheap but it works really well for me)

This was a year in the making, buying parts here and there as I had the money. I had to setup a Gun Trust, then figure out how to fill out the Form 1, and the finger print cards, and get passport photos of the Wife and I we are the responsible persons in the gun trust. Then I mailed it off with a $200 check and waited about 2 months. They sent me back the Form 1 and highlighted a spot were I forgot to sign. I signed it, mailed it back, and had my tax stamp back in about 2 weeks after that. Then I had to send the receiver out to Capital Armory to have it engraved with the name of my trust and the city and state, then I could buy the upper and bolt it on.

I have it sighted in and Zeroed at 25 yards. I have my form 23 filled out and am awaiting approval to take it out of state for some rifle training in August. Then I can really put it through it's paces for a couple of days and get a 1000 or so rounds through it. I am getting a YHM Turbo K2 Can for the front of it very soon as well.

Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Nice.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

An UpLuLa magazine loader for the wide body double stack .22LR pistols I own. On clearance for about $22 at the local Range USA store near me. Wouldn't have paid full price for it, to be honest.

********************************************************************************
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Taurus executive grade 856
Pachy grips
Gallway precision spring kit
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

jeep45238 wrote:Taurus executive grade 856
Pachy grips
I'm gonna go look up that model.

jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Brian D. wrote:
jeep45238 wrote:Taurus executive grade 856
Pachy grips
I'm gonna go look up that model.
The standard models have surprised me in a good way when I've checked the out at stores for the usual used-revolver checks. Giving a dedicated build room (and assuming, team to work it) with the chamfered cylinders and bobbed hammer was the main reason. The grips it comes with absolutely do not work for me, at all (literal forearm pain from shooting, and the gun rocks up under recoil for each shot). I'm looking to add a hi-viz front sight in a month or so to this one.

I do not recommend this model for someone who thinks the grips are the selling point - other models with other grips will achieve a better result for less money. For someone who thinks more attention to detail and QC is the reason, I do think it's worth consideration.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I looked it up. One thorough review listed those original grips as problematic, for a couple reasons. Picture showed that they'd need relieving for a speedloader to work correctly. Also, the grips loosened up quickly after just a few cylinders worth of firing. It was a well thought out article, author liked the gun very much overall, but was speaking honestly.

jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Brian D. wrote:I looked it up. One thorough review listed those original grips as problematic, for a couple reasons. Picture showed that they'd need relieving for a speedloader to work correctly. Also, the grips loosened up quickly after just a few cylinders worth of firing. It was a well thought out article, author liked the gun very much overall, but was speaking honestly.
Yup. I shot 250 out of the box, no cleaning/screw tightening, etc. - side plate screws were loose when I got back, the front one was so loose I'm shocked I didn't lose it on the range. Reminds me of stories of S&W of old, before they put thread locker on the screws. I won't be going to the range without a screwdriver kit from here on out.

Couldn't get HKS loaders to work, will be getting Safariland comp's or Speedbees eventually (supposed to work out of the box). Stocks stayed tight, but are horrible to shoot with. Carry and lockup are very good, and unlike a LCR if you short stroke the trigger locks and the cylinder won't move (so you don't skip a round). Action is much, much smoother than store samples of standards I've messed with, not sure how much of that is the luck of draw vs. dedicated build room.

I would like the front sight to be a little thinner (easy fix - knock out roll pin, a few passes on the side with a file, re-install). For under $500 after shipping/transfer fees, and knowing I'd have to do a thing here and there (something with every revolver for me to be honest), I was willing to take the jump and see how this lasts long term. I do like it, but it is not perfect. I do think for most folks that getting one of the aluminum models for less money with the Hi-Vis sight would probably work better for them, but a 3" revolver isn't a carry gun for me (with possible exception for some out-of-state travel). I still would grab an LCR for that role anyway to be honest.

I do think the trigger return setup Taurus uses has the potential to be nicer than the S&W, and the cylinder latch spring setup is a helluva lot more user-friendly than a S&W.

Spring kit took it from 10lb 15oz DA pull (6 rd avg.) to 8lb 8oz dA pull (6 rd avg). Will see if there's a reliability difference, probably tomorrow.

-Important distinction
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Another spare magazine for my Walther PPQ. Vance Outdoors in Lebanon moved a lot of their magazines from behind the counter to out in the aisles. Price of this mag was from a few years back.

Took a quick look at their used handguns. A variety of police trade in Glock pistols. Darn near got myself one of the model 34's. That's not a common law enforcement choice. They also had some very low mileage models 17 and 19, Gen 5.

Pretty much all of the above had three magazines, night sights, factory boxes, accessories.