Citadel Wart/Boss/Yadayada Hog Differences?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Re: Citadel Wart/Boss/Yadayada Hog Differences?

Post by Bruenor »

Have you looked at the Stoeger M3000 shotguns ?

Benelli Inertia style shotgun at Stoeger pricing. and by that I mean many of the Benelli parts will directly install into the Stoeger m3k

Replacing the Stoeger m3k extractor (cast) with the Benelli Extractor (Machined) is a common upgrade for around $30.00.
Magazine tube extensions as well.

just a thought.. wish I had bought one of these instead of my Mossberg 930JMPro
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

I wouldn't look at semi-auto 12 gauges made in Turkey - lots of reports of them breaking bolts around the 100 round mark, and doing so again after going in for repair. The pumps are a bit better, but really at the end of the day, if you're going to be running this thing hard look elsewhere, and full on avoid the gimmick that is AR style 12 gauges. Likewise, don't get the Turkish clones of the Benellis system, they're pretty garbage and the ones at the store have had styled milling slots int he receiver that will allow crap to go directly to the fire control and hammer system.

A gen 1 Beretta 1301 can be found for $800-900, and is arguably one of the best semi auto shotguns ever made.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I've finally seen some reviews of the SDS T-02, and they seem good.

At first I thought I was going to have to take vacation to go to a shop in Akron to get one, but earlier this week I see that Parma Armory lists them for a reasonable price.

I'm going to check out the Berea Show, and if I don't see anything I like, I'll probably be going to Parma Armory.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I ended up ordering the SDS T-02 from Parma Armory.

I picked it up yesterday.

Gun seems very nice, especially for the money.

The owner's manual is pretty much worthless, at least for disassembly and reassembly, apart from how to remove and insert the pins for the trigger group.

I also ordered a magazine tube extension which isn't expected in until next week.

I've already gotten the case and optic. I get a sling and boresighter tomorrow.

I'm not going to shoot it until I get the extension.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.