FUN N GUN Events

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

18M_RWR
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

FUN N GUN Events

Post by 18M_RWR »

It has been quite a while since I’ve been on here😔 Do the FUN N GUN events still get organized? I have been to a few of them and they were always a great time.
μολων λαβe
NRA Member
OFCC Member
BFA Member
dirt late model racer
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: FUN N GUN Events

Post by schmieg »

18M_RWR wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:45 pm It has been quite a while since I’ve been on here😔 Do the FUN N GUN events still get organized? I have been to a few of them and they were always a great time.
OFCC is no longer an active organization and this forum is all that remains of it. Fun 'n' Gun was one of the activities it operated each year, one which took quite a bit of work, coordination and funds to get going, hopefully recouping enough money to cover the expense. Resurrecting the event would take quite an effort and a significant amount of volunteer work by a number of people willing to do it.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
cromanos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by cromanos »

They were a ton of fun while they lasted, thought

The last one I attended was at the Clinton County club (CCFSA) and it was great fun, but the one I got the most out of was at TDI about a million years ago.
"THAT RIFLE HANGING ON THE WALL OF THE WORKING-CLASS FLAT OR LABOURER'S COTTAGE, IS THE SYMBOL OF DEMOCRACY. IT IS OUR JOB TO SEE THAT IT STAYS THERE." George Orwell
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

cromanos wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:21 pm They were a ton of fun while they lasted, thought

The last one I attended was at the Clinton County club (CCFSA) and it was great fun, but the one I got the most out of was at TDI about a million years ago.
I agree completely. All good things must come to an end.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand