Walmart

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Walmart

Post by qmti »

Don't know if this is new but went into my local Walmart in Urbana and all guns and ammo are now gone. Only two feet of cleaning supplies left. Guess they are taking a page out of Dick's playbook.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Walmart

Post by JustaShooter »

*ALL* guns and ammo? I know they got rid of so-called "assault weapon" firearms, handguns, and ammo for both of those, but hadn't heard of them removing all firearms and ammo.

I'll have to go back to the sporting goods section next time I'm in the Massillon Walmart and see what's up.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

There may now be more Walmart stores without guns and ammo than ones still selling that stuff.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

Recent visits in my area still had rifles/shotguns along different flavors of ammo.
BOB
drc

Post by drc »

Super Walmart in Wadsworth only has ammo
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

The two Walmart's closest to me are still selling guns and ammo, and are even selling semi autos. ( 22lr caliber ones) One of them used to even have a Mini 14 for sale last year, but someone eventually bought it. They didn't discount it just to get rid of it, and ironically they haven't sold .223 ammo for a long time. I talked to a friend of mine who works at one of the semi local ones and he said corporate hasn't (yet) told them to stop selling guns and ammo. Certain stores have stopped selling, but that's based on those particular stores. The two stores in my area are in a predominantly rural area.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

It's the store or regional manager who decides what the store stocks. I've been in Walmart in Northern Michigan that had reloading equipment, powder and primers.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

evan price wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:39 pm It's the store or regional manager who decides what the store stocks. I've been in Walmart in Northern Michigan that had reloading equipment, powder and primers.
That is what my friend who works at one of my local Walmart's told me, at least up to a point. Obviously when corporate told all the Walmart's to get rid of their handgun and "certain" rifle ammo, they have to obey, but from what he told me that hasn't happened with his store yet. If they ever do that he would be the first in the store to know. He gave me a heads up on when they were discounting their handgun and rifle ammo. The crazy thing was that particular store got a big shipment of 9mm ball ammo, 223 and .3oo blackout on the same day corporate said get rid of it. :( The prices were so low at the particular store I went to after I got the call that I bought some calibers of ammo that I didn't even have guns for. After all, it's an excuse maybe to get the guns that go with the ammo. :roll:

I went to the other semi local Walmart today to get a non firearm item, and looked at the gun and ammo counter. I had priced some guns last year, like 1022's and the basic Henry (H001) They had plenty of guns and every one of them had a tag that said new low price. The prices however were NOT
heavily discounted like they were going to stop selling gun, and in the case of the Henry it was actually $100 higher than last year. The black 1022 was however $22 less than last year. Even with the $100 increase on the basic Henry, they are still cheaper than every other stocking dealers regular price unless the dealer is having a special sale. The higher end Henry's like the golden boy were about the same as last year, which I guess is a good thing, considering everything else at Walmart has gone up this past year. :(
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Newark Ohio Wmart had 1 muzzleloader on display, 0 firearms. I didn’t notice the ammo situation.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Aesinsp wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:32 pm Newark Ohio Wmart had 1 muzzleloader on display, 0 firearms. I didn’t notice the ammo situation.
Is this a recent development though, or has it always been this way?
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

I can’t say when Newark removed theirs. I’ve not shopped for firearms there in many years.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I know for the store in Urbana just about a month ago the guns were in cabinet behind counter, ammo in locked showcase and 12ga. ammo on shelves. Shooting accessories were more than just two feet of tandem.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

qmti wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:35 am I know for the store in Urbana just about a month ago the guns were in cabinet behind counter, ammo in locked showcase and 12ga. ammo on shelves. Shooting accessories were more than just two feet of tandem.
Almost the same for the 2 closest ones to me, although there seemed to be plenty of accessories. All the holsters were generic fit types. If you just want to buy ammo, since the dept. is close to automotive, the people behind the counter in automotive will come over and get ammo for you. If you need to see or buy a gun, they usually have to page someone. This is assuming someone is even behind the counter in automotive, half the time there isn't. All the guns have trigger locks on them and they won't remove them so that you can test trigger pull. This usually isn't a big deal if you have already checked out the trigger somewhere else and have a general idea of what the trigger is like for that particular make and model. I've heard Cabela's and Bass Pro have the same policy on trigger locks in the store.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

qmti wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:35 am I know for the store in Urbana just about a month ago the guns were in cabinet behind counter, ammo in locked showcase and 12ga. ammo on shelves. Shooting accessories were more than just two feet of tandem.
Pretty much the same as Massillon, and they even have rifles other than just .22LR - I saw a .243, a .306, and a 6.5 CM among the rifles and shotguns in the case.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!