confusing statement about a tow truck driver pulling a gun on another tow truck driver story

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

confusing statement about a tow truck driver pulling a gun on another tow truck driver story

Post by M-Quigley »

DAYTON — The News Center 7 I-Team has been looking into issues regarding a local towing company over the past several months.

A Dayton police report from Dec. 28 shows that workers with 937 Towing called police to report that a worker from Cottmans Towing had pulled a gun on one of their drivers.

Taylor Nichols, the manager at 937 Towing, walked News Center 7′s Taylor Robertson through what she claims happened.

Nichols said on Dec. 28, she and her co-worker had called police to their lot on Pruden Avenue for an aggravated menacing call. She said it was regarding a video we showed you on News Center 7 at 5:00, where she claimed workers with Cottmans Towing had pulled a gun on them and that another was yelling at them.

“As we’re giving our statements to the cops, our friend hears a sound out back of our lots. He pulls the tarp up and Richie [Turner] and Lyndsie [Hobbs] are sitting in her Denali and pulls a gun on our friend, and we’re yelling at the cops about it. The cops pull them over with the gun,” Nichols said.

The report stated police made contact with Turner and Hobbs and found that Turner did have a pistol on him, but that he also had a valid CCW so police returned the gun to him and released them both.
There has got to be more to the story than the bolded. I thought we had permitless carry in Ohio, right? Even if someone has a CHL how does that get you out of a aggravated menacing charge? I know I've seen in the past a news report of a license holder being arrested for aggravated menacing in Ohio, but it's been a while and I couldn't find the news story doing a simple Google search. IDK if the license holder was ever convicted or not though.