Happy Independence Day!

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Happy Independence Day!

Post by Brian D. »

"Go have a fifth on the Fourth", or however you choose to celebrate. Just try not to blow yourself up. :lol: And use fireworks, not live ammo as airborne noisemakers.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
weakhand luke

Re: Happy Independence Day!

Post by weakhand luke »

Good advice (fireworks, maybe not the fifth). And congrats on your 18th anniversary of OFCC membership.

Fun to think back...
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks. Eighteen years of posting in this forum. Hasn't felt like a worthwhile effort lately.

********************************************************************************
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

Brian D. wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:51 pm Thanks. Eighteen years of posting in this forum. Hasn't felt like a worthwhile effort lately.
Your posts are always worthwhile. I make sure I read them.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Brian D. wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:51 pm Thanks. Eighteen years of posting in this forum. Hasn't felt like a worthwhile effort lately.
I enjoy reading your stuff.. even when I don’t chime in. Can’t say that I usually have a lot to contribute.
But.. carry-on. You do you. :)
I like to think that I go where led or called to be.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Should post this in a different forum section, but..we already have a dialog going here. At about 2:30 am today, there was a drive by shooting in downtown Cincinnati, around 5th Street and Walnut. A teenager injured, and an 18 year woman killed. She was the niece of a local, anti-violence activist reverend. He has been advocating a "Please, let's all stop killing each other!" philosophy for thirty years. None of his speeches, consensus gathering, peace marches, etc. have produced much positive impact.

After grieving his niece for an appropriate time, he'll be right back to advocating for stricter gun laws at the local (pointless/unlawful) and statewide (not gonna happen) levels. The media cameras and microphones will be lined up for his next recycled "plan". Some kind of "new" cooperative, collaborative or coalition will be discussed. Funding will be strongly suggested. That won't work better than before.

It's tiresome.

cpg
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by cpg »

"it's tiresome"

Damn straight. I swear people believe that violent crime would magically cease if all firearms were wiped from the face of the earth.
People say firearm owners are compensating for something.
I am compensating for being smaller and weaker than most criminals.