hangun sales

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

lar1

hangun sales

Post by lar1 »

Does a concealed carry permit allow an out of state resident to purchase a handgun in ohio from private seller or ffl dealer?
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: hangun sales

Post by Whirlwind06 »

No.
An out of state person could purchase a handgun from an FFL then have it shipped to an FFL in their state.
Private sales are not allowed under Ohio law for non-residents as far as I know.
lar1

Post by lar1 »

Thanks for the repy. that is how I have been doing private sales. Can an out of satate resident obtain an Ohio chl?
ruger

Post by ruger »

I thought Non residents or residents less than 5 years must show they work in Ohio to obtain an Ohio CHL ?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

ruger wrote:I thought Non residents or residents less than 5 years must show they work in Ohio to obtain an Ohio CHL ?
Almost correct. Nonresidents must show they are employed in Ohio. Residents for less than 5 years just have to pay a slightly higher fee for an additional FBI background check.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
lar1

Post by lar1 »

So if someone moved to ohio yesterday and display ohio drivers license, they can be sold a handgun. What would be something to accept to prove Ohio residency?
ruger

Post by ruger »

JustaShooter wrote:Almost correct. Nonresidents must show they are employed in Ohio. Residents for less than 5 years just have to pay a slightly higher fee for an additional FBI background check.
Gotcha. That makes sense. Thx