Little gun show near Franklin, every Saturday.

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Little gun show near Franklin, every Saturday.

Post by Brian D. »

Okay, gonna give a way a not-so-well-kept secret to those of you in SW Ohio. There is a place called Schomy's which holds a gun show/swap meet every Saturday, just west and north of Franklin, Ohio. No dealers there, just all 'good old boys' buying, selling, and trading amongst ourselves. Been going on there since at least the 1960s I'm told.

To get there from I-75, come into downtown Franklin (either exit 36 or 38 will work) and cross over the Great Miami River on the old bridge. Then hang an immediate right on Oxford-Franklin Rd. (north) and follow the river for approx two and a half miles. As the road starts to curve away from the river towards Carlisle, you'll see a gate and driveway which goes back past a water treatment plant. Beyond that is Schomy's.

Somebody else that knows the place wants to post a map or link to same, feel free, you'll doubtless do a better job than I would. Besides I'm heading up there in just a few minutes. (They open at 8:30am or so.)

Just thought I'd give the place a plug, love to see some new, younger faces start coming in to trade and peddle, it's starting to look a convention of Ohio poll workers in there, if ya get my drift. :wink:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
squirreld

Post by squirreld »

I might check it out.
thx for the info.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Can someone fix this location a little closer? I cannot follow it on MapQuest. 2.5 miles north of Franklin puts you in Chautaqua?
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like something I definitely want to check out.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
Rev

Thanks for the info

Post by Rev »

Thanks for the info....I live in Franklin and never knew about this. I'm sure to see ya some Saturday.

Here's a link to a map for the location.
http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=s1c0jq7q

Not a great map but gives you an idea.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Distance from the bridge at downtown Franklin to Schomy's driveway is more like 1.5 miles, sorry my bad.

********************************************************************************
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

I've been going to "Show-me's" since I was a little kid.

Seems like some of the guys with booths have had those same places for decades. Prices are kinda steep, but you occasionally find a deal.
Good soup beans and corbread at the lunch counter too. :wink:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Redfestiva

Post by Redfestiva »

I'll be gooing to check it out. Never new anything about it. I used to go to that flea market close to there on 123. Thanks for the information.
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

BEAR! wrote:I've been going to "Show-me's" since I was a little kid.

Seems like some of the guys with booths have had those same places for decades. Prices are kinda steep, but you occasionally find a deal.
Good soup beans and corbread at the lunch counter too. :wink:
I think some have had the same firearms for the 20 years I have been going. They occasionally change tables, but that is about it. Been a long while since I have stopped in.

Does anyone know if they still have the show at the old Carter Lumber in Carlise? I think it shut down a couple of years ago, but I have not checked it either lately.

JLE
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Say, how about a Gunshows Forum? We could post these little local shows.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Jeaton, I think the Carlisle event you mention is gone, probably too close to Schomy's, as well as Cincy and Dayton Goodman shows.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Cruiser wrote:Say, how about a Gunshows Forum? We could post these little local shows.
Cruise, that sounds like a very good idea. Seems like surrounding states may have more such events than Ohio, so maybe we can pipe up with those too.

MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Cruiser wrote:Say, how about a Gunshows Forum? We could post these little local shows.
Just my $0.02, but that's kind of what this forum section is for. I think it gets little enough traffic that it's pretty easy to find the gun shows from the other various events.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Agreed. I usually do not see the Forum Title. I come in the side door by useing the "since last visit" option.