Dublin Irish Festival

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Dublin Irish Festival

Post by troy bilt »

Once again MWSY thank you for the time and effort. :D
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

No worries.

Just remember to buy an OFCC membership so these guys can keep this forum running. It is the easiest way for you, me and others to alert each other of these violations, track our progress and schedule visits, when needed.

Keeping these issues archived lets us know when someone that has taken down a sign has put it right back up.

If you are already a member, try to attend the Party in the Park or other events hosted by OFCC.

And, if your scheduling just doesn't work with their scheduling, they do accept donations.

:mrgreen:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.
MyWifeSaidYes
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:No worries.

Just remember to buy an OFCC membership so these guys can keep this forum running. It is the easiest way for you, me and others to alert each other of these violations, track our progress and schedule visits, when needed.

Keeping these issues archived lets us know when someone that has taken down a sign has put it right back up.

If you are already a member, try to attend the Party in the Park or other events hosted by OFCC.

And, if your scheduling just doesn't work with their scheduling, they do accept donations.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.
Well I have been trying to buy an OFCC membership like you suggested. I am having troubles logging in at the application page. I can log in and post on the forums but for some reason I can not get logged in on the application page. I tried to reset my password and it keeps telling me I have entered an invalid email.

Someone help so that OFCC can take some of my hard earned cash :lol:
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

The forum user database is different than the membership database.

That keeps your real name separate from your forum handle.

Register on the application page as a new user.

And yeah, it doesn't tell you that. :oops:
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Once you are a member, you'll soon get a membership number.

You can put that number into your forum profile and the system will then shortly show your membership status on the forum.
MyWifeSaidYes
BobK

Post by BobK »

troy bilt wrote:Well I have been trying to buy an OFCC membership like you suggested. I am having troubles logging in at the application page. I can log in and post on the forums but for some reason I can not get logged in on the application page. I tried to reset my password and it keeps telling me I have entered an invalid email.

They are separate user accounts.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

BobK wrote:
troy bilt wrote:Well I have been trying to buy an OFCC membership like you suggested. I am having troubles logging in at the application page. I can log in and post on the forums but for some reason I can not get logged in on the application page. I tried to reset my password and it keeps telling me I have entered an invalid email.

They are separate user accounts.
Well now I feel like a real Bloomburg :oops: :lol:

Thanks
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Once you are a member, you'll soon get a membership number.

You can put that number into your forum profile and the system will then shortly show your membership status on the forum.
As long as you use the same email address for both accounts it is automatic now.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

I hadn't posted anything about this earlier because I was unaware until just recently that this was here in the forums.

OFCC became aware of the issue in Dublin, Ohio at the festival last week from other sources and has been in communication with the City and the Law Director. There are some obvious flaws with their logic. I see more to this than a simple 9.68 violation but I am not at liberty to elaborate on that (as they may be reading our forums now that this is here).

Once they complete our public records request and I respond to them I'll try to post some of that here, but at the moment I need to hold some things in confidence in the event this were to turn into litigation.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

jgarvas wrote:I hadn't posted anything about this earlier because I was unaware until just recently that this was here in the forums.

OFCC became aware of the issue in Dublin, Ohio at the festival last week from other sources and has been in communication with the City and the Law Director. There are some obvious flaws with their logic. I see more to this than a simple 9.68 violation but I am not at liberty to elaborate on that (as they may be reading our forums now that this is here).

Once they complete our public records request and I respond to them I'll try to post some of that here, but at the moment I need to hold some things in confidence in the event this were to turn into litigation.
I got a much better deal on a storage locker several miles away from home. So, I for one will need some extra lead time if it becomes necessary to round up my pitchforks and torches, Jeff.

(That is my colorful way of asking you to update us with regards to this on something of a regular basis, even if there's nothing new to report.)
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Brian D. wrote:
jgarvas wrote:I hadn't posted anything about this earlier because I was unaware until just recently that this was here in the forums.

I got a much better deal on a storage locker several miles away from home. So, I for one will need some extra lead time if it becomes necessary to round up my pitchforks and torches, Jeff.

(That is my colorful way of asking you to update us with regards to this on something of a regular basis, even if there's nothing new to report.)
Will do. If I go too long hit me up, easy to get complacent and redirected to pressing issues :)
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

See, I told you that Garvas guy was real. :P
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

pirateguy191 wrote:See, I told you that Garvas guy was real. :P
He shows up every now and then. He made the mistake of having a daughter. Had he had a son, he wouldn't have to attend everything and could skip out every now and then on events. :lol:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I spent a lot of time on Dublin last year.

I will happily sit on my hands if OFCC wants to help out directly.

MyWifeSaidYes
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I spent a lot of time on Dublin last year.

I will happily sit on my hands if OFCC wants to help out directly.

Hey, you made them make a memo this year. So you got something for all your hard work. :lol:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.