INTRUDER IN MY SHED TONITE

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

INTRUDER IN MY SHED TONITE

Post by steves 50de »

I will try and keep this short as possible the lady next door knock's on my door and said people were in your shed and her dog scared them away. So i go back there to close the door up and see if anything is missing, nothing appear's to be missing and no one was in the shed.

As i start to walk around to the back of the shed a man jumped out from behind the shed at a range of 3 or 4 feet i back up a few step's and have him at gun point and advice him to don't even think about moving, i get the light on his face and see he is about 15 or 16 year's old.

He was so scared he could hardly talk but told me i would never see him again in my back yard. He asked to please don't call the police he was very sorry. I advised him to tell his friend's they are not welcome either and stay off the property I decided to let him go and not call the police. It's ok to flame me as i'am sure some will think i handled it improperly and I 'll take my lump's now for the non call to the police,... i think i let the kid go because he looked like chuck. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
Brian D.

Re: INTRUDER IN MY SHED TONITE

Post by Brian D. »

steves 50de wrote:i think i let the kid go because he looked like chuck. :lol:
A sixteen year old with a handlebar moustache???? Or did the kid look like post-razor Chuck? :mrgreen:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Post razor the kid could be his twin.
Black Rifles Matter
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

I was thinking of this Chuck:

NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
mreising

Post by mreising »

No flames, but a call to all of the kids' parents might have been in order. This would only work if the parents aren't part of your local burglar's guild.

I think I would have at least takenthe one kid's name and address in case he lied and stuff later turns up missing.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

steves 50de wrote:Post razor the kid could be his twin.
Poor child - no wonder he turned to a life of crime. :mrgreen:

Just a ditto to what Mark said though - a call to the parents so long as they weren't part of the reason he was there to begin with.

Maybe being on the wrong end of a barrel might make this kid think before he tries something worse than a shed.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

mreising wrote:No flames, but a call to all of the kids' parents might have been in order. This would only work if the parents aren't part of your local burglar's guild.

I think I would have at least takenthe one kid's name and address in case he lied and stuff later turns up missing.
This would've been a good course of action. A cellphone picture of the scared twit would've been evidence to hold over his promise.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I slept on this (okay not really it just happened to be nighty night time between my last post and now) and sort of think a call to the po-po would have been in order. You don't know if all those kids got the message or not. Of course if you live where it takes forever to get a cruiser, pretty much forget I mentioned it. In fact I sometimes wonder if those in poorly served areas would be better off getting their own chalk, 'Do Not Cross This Line!' tape, those little signs to count empty cases on the ground, body bags, etc.

Wonder how the first responding officer would react if a homeowner had set up the crime scene himself right after a self defense incident? :mrgreen:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I wonder how many times he has been let off the hook ? His parents should know about this, even if you don't call LE...

He was actually bald like Chuck and that round ?

Tell me this . How did you hold the flashlight and the 50cal. At the same time ? :P
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
centermass

Post by centermass »

If he has any sense, that view from the business end of the barrel should stick in his head for quite awhile. I say well done.
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I wonder how many times he has been let off the hook ? His parents should know about this, even if you don't call LE...

He was actually bald like Chuck and that round ?

Tell me this . How did you hold the flashlight and the 50cal. At the same time ? :P
Last nite it was a Glock 21 carmen i'am pretty sure he pee'd in his pant's
Black Rifles Matter
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Your probably right....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

The kind of neighborhood you live in is going to have a huge influence in ones response.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Little dude would have been pretty muddy if he was in my yard.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I’m a taxpayer. Some of my taxes pay for law enforcement. I think I would have notified them before I engaged.