Party In The Park Tickets

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Party In The Park Tickets

Post by schmieg »

It's time to get your tickets to the Party In The Park if you haven't already done so. We will have a slew of door prizes this year and I have to notify the caterer of the number of people attending by August 1. We don't want to run out of food. :lol:

Tickets are available in the store on the main website. Please get yours before the end of the month. Without a ticket, you can't win a door prize.

This is a great event with good food, interesting speakers with good information and great companionship. Join us at Liberty Park on August 11.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Party In The Park Tickets

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Can you confirm that you are not sending physical tickets?
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Can you confirm that you are not sending physical tickets?

They never send out tickets, Dave. Print a copy of your "store" transaction to bring along if you want to, though. Redundancy is something I like to practice time and time again! :mrgreen:

This reminds me that I've put off navigating through the "store" myself---procrastination is another big word thingy I'm fond of, apparently.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

I got mine :D
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Can you confirm that you are not sending physical tickets?
Confirmed. Brian's suggestion is good. We will have a computer printout of the purchasers, but it never hurts to have a backup.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I did that a couple months ago when making future reservations for a motel I was in at the time. They looked at me funny because I asked for a hard copy of the reservation. 'But it's here in the system, see?'

Yeah, sure it was, but I still wanted a copy of it just in case. Computers crash, data gets lost, just often enough that I didn't want to drive 400 plus miles only to be turned away because of a "one in a million" glitch.

********************************************************************************
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The main website doesn't seem to recognize "me" --my e-mail address--anymore. It said i was registered for the PITP but when I clicked on the box for using a credit card none of that data popped up. Guess I'll send along a money order.

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:The main website doesn't seem to recognize "me" --my e-mail address--anymore. It said i was registered for the PITP but when I clicked on the box for using a credit card none of that data popped up. Guess I'll send along a money order.
Are you using the same email address for the main site that you do here? We may have lost some data during the recent crash.
-- Mike

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

schmieg wrote:
Brian D. wrote:The main website doesn't seem to recognize "me" --my e-mail address--anymore. It said i was registered for the PITP but when I clicked on the box for using a credit card none of that data popped up. Guess I'll send along a money order.
Are you using the same email address for the main site that you do here? We may have lost some data during the recent crash.

Yep, I try to keep such things simple. No big deal, I'll send along a money order, kinda despise putting credit card numbers on line or over the phone anyhow.

techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

Do you guys need some server help? I have a Linux dedicated server that is far under used... I'd be happy to evaluate your bandwidth/disk space needs and maybe help you out?
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

How are door prizes awarded? Are lunch tickets required for the door prizes?
MyWifeSaidYes
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:How are door prizes awarded? Are lunch tickets required for the door prizes?
Yes.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:How are door prizes awarded? Are lunch tickets required for the door prizes?
Yes, you get a door prize ticket with each paid lunch, as I recall. The way it works is that the minor** prizes are drawn first, with many winners. You go up to the table and choose in the order the tickets were drawn, by a helpful staff of volunteer kids. Then ALL the tickets are thrown back in for the grand prizes such as firearms.

**These days a box of fifty rounds of ammo ain't such a "minor" thing to win. Every year I manage to find something in my stash of goodies to donate for that first batch of giveaways. This time it'll likely be ammunition, but who knows?

Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

There will be quite a few boxes of ammo being given away as door prizes this year.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
khufford

Post by khufford »

I'm buying tickets for the guys that work for me, just waiting to get confirmation from the ones who are coming, I gave them till Monday.
Some random nobody...