Zimmermans gun not returned, held by DOJ investigation

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Zimmermans gun not returned, held by DOJ investigation

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

I hope someone lends him a gun...

More here
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07 ... ately?lite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
muxtech

Re: Zimmermans gun not returned, held by DOJ investigation

Post by muxtech »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:I hope someone lends him a gun...
Perhaps something in an MG42... :mrgreen:
The British are going! The British are going!
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

muxtech wrote:
Perhaps something in an MG42... :mrgreen:
Maybe Joe Biden would lend him a shotty?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Naticarry

Post by Naticarry »

I am starting to think nothing would make them happier than if someone made good on the threats they are posting on social media. Of course if that happens and a reporter actually finds a spine and asks Holder or the administration about it, they will dismiss that question as "ridiculous" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n__W-UDgOCA
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Holders OFFICIAL stance on all important issues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1iHxjdHI1M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Actually...some in Ohio are raising funds for him to purchase another weapon.
We have created the Zimmerman Second Amendment Fund. We encourage you to donate whatever you can afford, $100 ... $50 ... $25 ... even just $10. We will provide Mr. Zimmerman, who has no current source of income, with the funds he needs to replace his firearm, holster, and other gear. The rest will be set aside to fight similar injustices ... and they happen all the time.
So...not a straw purchase...just another fundraiser...that NICS check should be interesting.

We've already got indefinite detention, wars without end, constant dragnet surveillance without probable cause...can we add indefinite investigation to keep evidence locked away?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Naticarry

Post by Naticarry »

bignflnut wrote:that NICS check should be interesting.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought if there was an ongoing investigation against you that could disqualify you, the check will come back as a denied. I guess I don't know if the civil rights offenses carry more than a year in jail sentence.
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Naticarry wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought if there was an ongoing investigation against you that could disqualify you, the check will come back as a denied. I guess I don't know if the civil rights offenses carry more than a year in jail sentence.
The law says under 'indictment' not 'investigation'. Then again, what the law actually says isn't always important to some people.
Fett85

Post by Fett85 »

Molan Labe Challenge Coins already offered him a gun and George Zimmerman's brother thankfully replied but declined due to the current climate.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Naticarry wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought if there was an ongoing investigation against you that could disqualify you, the check will come back as a denied. I guess I don't know if the civil rights offenses carry more than a year in jail sentence.
As I understand it (and IANAL, and I'm sure others will correct if I am wrong) Civil suits don't result in jail time but rather monetary judgements.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

JustaShooter wrote:
Naticarry wrote:
As I understand it (and IANAL, and I'm sure others will correct if I am wrong) Civil suits don't result in jail time but rather monetary judgements.
You are confusing a civil torte suit ie wrongful death, vs a charge of violating a person's civil rights. I would guess the Federal investigation is looking at a violation of 18 USC § 249 - Hate crime acts
(a) In General.—
(1) Offenses involving actual or perceived race, color, religion, or national origin.— Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, willfully causes bodily injury to any person or, through the use of fire, a firearm, a dangerous weapon, or an explosive or incendiary device, attempts to cause bodily injury to any person, because of the actual or perceived race, color, religion, or national origin of any person—
(A) shall be imprisoned not more than 10 years, fined in accordance with this title, or both; and
(B) shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined in accordance with this title, or both, if—
(i) death results from the offense; or
(ii) the offense includes kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill.
So Zimmerman could be looking at life.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.