California Crazy!

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

EE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

California Crazy!

Post by EE »

In the news this week:
A Southern California man was put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found he owned 100 guns and had (by rough estimate) 1 million rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house also has a secret escape tunnel.

The television reporter said: "Wow! He has about a million machine gun bullets!" and the headline referred to it as a "massive weapons cache."

By California standards someone owning even 100,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable."

If he lived elsewhere, such as Arizona, he'd be called "an avid gun collector."

In Oklahoma, he'd be called "a novice gun collector."

In Utah, he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.

In Montana, he'd be called "the neighborhood 'Go-To' guy."

In Idaho, he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate."

In Wyoming, he'd be called "an eligible bachelor."

AND... in Texas, he'd be called "a hunting buddy."

http://2ndamendmentright.org/2011/04/10 ... -100-guns/
Last edited by EE on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member: OFCC, NRA (lifetime), USCCA, JPFO
"The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20."
- Sam Cohen (inventor of the neutron bomb)
wkdravenna

Re: California Crazy!

Post by wkdravenna »

Do you have a link to the story? or is this a joke ?
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
TheShadow

Post by TheShadow »

This is the link

http://2ndamendmentright.org/2011/04/10 ... -100-guns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FlyinCedar

Post by FlyinCedar »

So I am guessing no ACTUAL news link, or anything to back up anything printed on that page?
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

After a quick Google search, this seems to be a fake story. I see it posted on many forums and a few blog-style websites. No news sources.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

I remember this story here is a link from USAToday

It happened in 2007

Million rounds of ammo found at CA house
ORCO, Calif. (AP) — More than 1 million rounds of ammunition, a cache of weapons and a tunnel were found at a man's California home after an explosive fire that forced a neighborhood evacuation, authorities said Friday
No arrests have been made. The man, whose identity was not released, was taken to a hospital where he will receive a psychological evaluation, Zamora said

ETA From NBC 1 million rounds of ammo found after Calif. fire

My favorite quote
Authorities also discovered a machine in the garage that was used to load the gunpowder into empty casings. The practice known as "reloading" is common and not illegal because ammunition is often expensive, ATF spokeswoman Susan Raichel said.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.