Dallas manager in Shootout says police did not respond quick

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Dallas manager in Shootout says police did not respond quick

Post by Bruenor »

When you need the police right away, they are only an Hour or two away...

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/he ... 1-call.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A West Dallas store manager got in a shootout with robbers Sunday night and then did what most people would expect.

He called 911.

“I said, ‘Hey, we got robbed, I need police as soon as possible,’” Joe Cho said Monday about his 11 p.m. call.

When no officers showed up after 20 minutes, Cho locked up the store in the 4800 block of Bernal Drive near Singleton Boulevard and went home. Officers arrived about an hour after he left, according to public records, and they called Cho after 1 a.m. and asked him to come back to the store, he said.

The apparent delayed response to a Dallas 911 call is the latest case to draw scrutiny of a long-troubled call center that city officials earlier this year declared drastically improved.
Meanwhile, about 11:30 p.m., officers responded to a shooting call less than two miles away and found a man who had been shot in his abdomen and left leg. The man, Jamarcus Dalevon Johnson, 21, would not say how he was shot, police documents said.

Those officers also found various articles of clothing that Johnson appeared to be trying to hide, the documents said. Officers also found bloody clothing dumped nearby.

At 12:15 a.m., some of those same officers responded to the 11 p.m. robbery call at the store, according to Dallas police records. Some time after that — Cho said it was after 1 a.m. — the officers called Cho at home and asked him to come back to the store.

The only explanation the police gave Cho for the delayed response, he said, was, “We are so busy.”

Johnson, who was hospitalized for his wounds, faces an aggravated robbery charge.
So they responded to the robber being shot before they responded to the Robbery Shooting call which came in a half hour earlier ... amazing.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
techguy85

Re: Dallas manager in Shootout says police did not respond q

Post by techguy85 »

I dunno, a robbery call versus a shooting is going to be a different priority call. I think my 911 call would be more like this:
My name is bla at bla bla street, we were attacked and I discharged my firearm in self defense. I need the police and EMS as soon as possible.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Dallas manager in Shootout says police did not respond q

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Maybe the robbery call was closer to the donut shop they were in at the time (LE) :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens