Wife's pepper spray got confiscated

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Wife's pepper spray got confiscated

Post by pirateguy191 »

So, the wife had to take my son to the local court to plead not guilty to a traffic ticket. My wife get's to the metal detector and puts her keys in the basket. The bailiff tells my wife he has to confiscate the pepper spray that's on her key chain because it's considered a weapon and he doesn't want to get sprayed. My wife apologizes for forgetting it's on the key chain and the guy puts a piece of tape on it with her name and tells her to pick it up on her way out.

After they are finished, she goes back to the metal detector and the guy says that she has to go back upstairs to the Clerk of Courts office. My wife does this and tells the clerk the story and the clerk tells my wife that she can't give the pepper spray back to her because she has to write a letter requesting her pepper spray back. Does this sound right?

I will be heading up to the Clerk of Courts office tomorrow to get my wife's property back for her. Just needed to see what y'all think.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Johnny Law

Re: Wife's pepper spray got confiscated

Post by Johnny Law »

Yes I have heard that happen before at that court (GHMC). She probably will get it back after the letter is submitted.
BobK

Post by BobK »

With the price of gas and the value of your time, I hope the court is close and a quick and easy in/out.

Otherwise, it may be more economical to just replace the pepper spray.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

BobK wrote:With the price of gas and the value of your time, I hope the court is close and a quick and easy in/out.

Otherwise, it may be more economical to just replace the pepper spray.
It's only about a mile from my house. And, my time's not all that valuable. :oops:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

pirateguy191 wrote: And, my time's not all that valuable. :oops:
Well, even if that were true, don't let THEM know that! :wink:
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I went to the Delaware County courthouse to pay a speeding ticket. When passing through the metal detector I found a single spent cartridge in my shirt's breast pocket which must have fallen in there while shooting that morning. The detector kept going off and I couldn't figure out why until I started patting myself and found it.

The baliff confiscated it and put it in a plastic bag with a very serious expression on his face, and made sure I got it back when I left because he didn't want to do paperwork. Seriously, I told him to just throw it away and he wouldn't!
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
gmhiggins

Post by gmhiggins »

evan price wrote:I went to the Delaware County courthouse to pay a speeding ticket. When passing through the metal detector I found a single spent cartridge in my shirt's breast pocket which must have fallen in there while shooting that morning. The detector kept going off and I couldn't figure out why until I started patting myself and found it.

The baliff confiscated it and put it in a plastic bag with a very serious expression on his face, and made sure I got it back when I left because he didn't want to do paperwork. Seriously, I told him to just throw it away and he wouldn't!
Maybe he was from the UK and thought the paperwork would bring the bomb squad :)