women's holsters or purses

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

adicke7092

women's holsters or purses

Post by adicke7092 »

Does anyone have a suggestion on holsters or purses for concealed carry for women? Or, do you know of anywhere in the Cincinnati / Dayton area to look at some?
parbreaker

Re: women's holsters or purses

Post by parbreaker »

I can't say that I have much personal insight into the matter, however there are a few people that I know do.

There is one girl who has a youtube channel that talks about women and guns quite a bit and has a lot of holster and carry options reviews on her channel. She appears very knowledgable and does a good job explaining things.

Channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/faliaphotography" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope that helps some.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Many of the ones from The Sportsman's Guide are not good. Either they are of such poor quality that they don't last more than a few weeks, or they have no lock on them. I don't like a velcro opening, because it is loud to access. Any hint of stealth goes out the window.

I got my latest purse from the Sportsman's Den in Shelby. I can't remember the brand name. It didn't come with a lock, but one of my old ones did, so I use that lock. It's probably the nicest purse I have ever had, quality-wise. And it wasn't expensive.

The mid price range ones seem to do well, last about a year or so of daily use. Some of the more expensive ones didn't have dimensions that would have fit my firearm.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

parbreaker wrote:I can't say that I have much personal insight into the matter, however there are a few people that I know do.

There is one girl who has a youtube channel that talks about women and guns quite a bit and has a lot of holster and carry options reviews on her channel. She appears very knowledgable and does a good job explaining things.

Channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/faliaphotography" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope that helps some.
^ To add, limalife's channel is also a very good one - not just for women, but for all. :) Her YouTube channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/limalife" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Cornered Cat may also offer some insight: http://www.corneredcat.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Oakley-wannabe

Post by Oakley-wannabe »

adicke7092 wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion on holsters or purses for concealed carry for women? Or, do you know of anywhere in the Cincinnati / Dayton area to look at some?
If you google search gun toten mamas they have some very nice purses. They are cheaper at sportco.com. I am contemplating buying the ballistic nylon cross body bag. They also have some beautiful leather ones. Good luck in your search. :-)
Never apologize for who you are.
Never give up.
It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.
adicke7092

Post by adicke7092 »

Thanks for all of you help! Hopefully my wife will find something she likes soon!
adicke7092

Post by adicke7092 »

I wanted to update. My wife purchased a gun toten mama bag from Target World in Cincinnati and loves it.
Oakley-wannabe

Post by Oakley-wannabe »

Thanks for the update.
~Laura
Never apologize for who you are.
Never give up.
It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.
kristen

Post by kristen »

Hi All,

I saw this post and wanted to reach out to other women. I received my carry license a few months back and decided that I wanted to purse carry, I know that's not for everyone but it works for me. I shopped, both in person and online and I didn't like anything I found. To me they look like what they are and I really didn't want to give up my Coach purse just to carry.

So I tried something new and I love it! I've been using a combination purse organizer/holster all in one and it works in my Coach purse!!
I love that I don't have to switch purses just to carry. Here's the website and there's a video so you can see how it works:

www.PackinNeat.com
Maybe you'll like this option too.
HLShenkle74

Post by HLShenkle74 »

Thanks Kristen for the info....
I've been researching what feels comfortable for me to carry once I have my permit. I'd prefer to carry on me, however in some instances a purse will have to be. :D
I am a Miche purse girl and have the organizer for it and was thinking of finding something like that, this one you posted might work...I actually emailed Miche to throw the idea at them to come up with something for women who conceal carry, maybe it might be an idea for you to email Coach as well - - you never know what they will come up with.

I've also seen a few purses at the gun shows from a local vendor that I liked...but for anyone looking Concealment Pro had some nice choices: [phone number and e-mail address deleted per TOS; please use the pm function to get contact info if wanted--m380gal]

Heidi
kathys

Post by kathys »

Although I prefer to carry on body I do purse carry at times. I have 2 Gun Toten Mama purses that I like. They have an evening bag style one that I can wear when dressed nicer. I also have a Travelon purse that although it isn't specifically a holster purse works very well. They are secure travel purses so the compartments are lockable and the straps are slash proof. I just use my Remora holster in one of the pockets and dedicate that for firearm only.
GPER

Post by GPER »

The wife just got her Gun Toten Mama purse last week and really likes it. Ten Point Tactical in Moraine has some but I don't know what kind they are.