Be sure to vote on May 2

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Roy C

Be sure to vote on May 2

Post by Roy C »

No matter your choice the important thing is to go vote!

Voter turnout for the last gubernatorial election-year primary in Ohio was just 19% of registered voters (1.35 million). Second Amendment supporters in Ohio approaches 1 million strong, the impact that gun owners can have on a primary election cannot be overstated.

Remind your gun owning friends and family to go vote tomorrow.

Roy
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

In addition to reiterating what Roy says, I want to point out that some of the candidates running tomorrow for the Ohio Supreme Court may end up sitting in judgement on City of Toledo vs Bruce Beatty in 2007. That case will have a huge effect on CCW in Ohio.
CurtInOhio

Post by CurtInOhio »

I don't know if this is the place to do it, but I want to thank OFCC for sending out the cheat sheet on candidates; I got my yesterday, and it was easy to just grab the sheet to take with me to vote. Great timing.
Curt M
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

I agree Curt, there are way too many names on the ballot to take a chance of voting for the wrong person. Took mine along as well. Good call for the OFCC leadership.

For those not there yet, no lines where I voted.
RF_Plumber

Post by RF_Plumber »

Same here, I took the OFCC sheet in with me and it helped a lot.

No lines, in and out in minutes.
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
--P.J. O'Rourke
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

RF_Plumber wrote:Same here, I took the OFCC sheet in with me and it helped a lot.

No lines, in and out in minutes.
Samething with sheet at my side,instead of gun, felt pretty good this time voting for people who share the same interest.
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

Only two hours left until I get to go vote (was too tired to get up early and go before work).
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

It makes me feel dirty...!

Post by TunnelRat »

I went in to vote today. I registered as a Democrat (spit Ptui!). I felt pretty good about both Pubby candidates for governor -- either Blackwell or Petro would make a good candidate and a better governor. I figured I'd take the Democrat (spit Ptui!) sheet and vote for Strickland. Maybe we could end up with pro-gun candidates on both sides of the race.

Anyhow, when I read the ballot the truth finally struck home that Strickland's running mate is Lee Fisher (spit Ptui! Barf). There was no way to vote for Strickland without also voting for Fisher (spit Ptui! Barf).

It nearly made me physically ill to do it, but sometimes you've just got to trust the guys you know -- OFCC endorsed Strickland, so I cast my vote for him. I hope I can get the odor of Fisher (spit Ptui! Barf) off my hands and clothes before the week is out...

TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
dan_sayers

Re: It makes me feel dirty...!

Post by dan_sayers »

TunnelRat wrote:I hope I can get the odor of Fisher (spit Ptui! Barf) off my hands and clothes before the week is out...

Don't forget to wash them separately from the rest of the family laundry.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
jedironin

Voting

Post by jedironin »

Yep, voted today!

Here's a Dumb Question: If everyone is always screaming and wringing hands about the "separation of church and state" (which is NOT in the Constitution, by the way) then WHY are polling places almost always in Churches?! :?
**Never Laugh at a Sleeping Dragon**
IANALY

Re: Voting

Post by IANALY »

jedironin wrote:Here's a Dumb Question: If everyone is always screaming and wringing hands about the "separation of church and state" (which is NOT in the Constitution, by the way) then WHY are polling places almost always in Churches?! :?

Because the "separation of church and state" which is really my freedom to exercise my religion, and my freedom not to be forced to exercise your religion, has nothing to do with where I vote.

But ssshhhh about it, because if the ACLU hears, we'll all have to drive 20 more miles to get to a polling place in a union hall where there are pro-democrat posters all over the walls and MoveOn activists blocking republicans at the door. (because at least it's not a church)
NRA Life Patron Member; GOA; NRA Certified Firearm Instructor; NRA RSO; Attorney

Self-Defense/CHL Law, BP, HFS, PPIH Instructor
RKBA, LLC - Founder, Co-President