Video of forum friend shooting a guy trying to rob him...

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ring

Video of forum friend shooting a guy trying to rob him...

Post by Ring »

from another form i post on...

Check it out:

http://media.putfile.com/How-To-Make-Swiss-Cheese80

What happend was a week or two before a guy came in and verbally threaten him for a room and the guy was forced to leave. This guy told him "i am gonna get you ***" or some thing along that line....

Well a week or so latter he returned and tryed to rob the place with .45 Long colt revolver (he has the gun pointed off camera) so "roof top" (the guys forum name from one of my gun forums) drops his *** outside the doorway.
he drop in the door

hes not DOA, hes in jail.. :(
Ring

Post by Ring »

the story..

Quote:
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said a desk clerk shot a man who was attempting to rob an east side motel on Saturday night.

Officers said that shortly before 9:30 p.m., a man walked into the Super 8 Motel, located at 2055 Brice Rd., showed a gun and demanded money.

Police said the desk clerk on duty then shot the alleged robber, Antoine Stephens.

Stephens, 20, was transported to Grant Medical Center and was in serious condition on Sunday morning, NBC 4 reported.

Police said he would be charged with aggravated robbery.

The motel clerk's name was not released. It was unclear as to whether he would be charged.

Anyone with information about the crime is asked to contact the Columbus police detective bureau at (614) 645-4624. Anonymous calls can be made to Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at (614) 645-8477.

Watch NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information.
Ring

Post by Ring »

the shooter is posting info here
It was .40 caliber golden saberes in the 165 grain loading. 3 out of 3 shots hit the perp, although the exact location of the hits were never told to him. He went up and looked at him for a minute when the police dispatcher asked were he was hit, but his shirt covered the wounds. He didn't want to touch him or anything. The police were very, very polite and profesional. The attitude was very positive, and since this wasn't his first hold up, I think they were happy to be able to catch him and put him away. The police bought him something to drink and gave him ciggerettes. They also gave him his gun back as soon as they were done with it, and in good condition.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 057&page=1
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

oops, wrong button. :x

Here's a link to a thread that the shooter is posting in.

By the looks of it, he made the "music video".
bigbosky

Post by bigbosky »

who is the guy in the picture at the end.....i dont think hes very smart...he has a page on myspace.com with a bunch of pictures of himself putting guns to his own head and other people.

another thing......am I crazy or did the shooter almost hit that baby
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Got a link to that myspace page? I gotta learn how to use that.

There are two threads going on about this right now on AR15.com and Gunsnetwork.com. The guy that did the shooting is posting in them right now. Fastest moving threads I've ever read!

The guys said that it is the angle of the camera. The baby was never in danger from him.
DWCol

Post by DWCol »

Whoever made that video needs to be soundly knocked on their butt. It has behind it exactly the kind of attitude the antis look for to argue against us.
bigbosky

Post by bigbosky »

Got a link to that myspace page? I gotta learn how to use that.
http://www.myspace.com/Safradin
This guy is an idiot....I sent him an email awhile back about gun safety and he responded by sending me more pictures of him pointing guns are himself and others....and with his finger on the trigger
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

From the AR15 Site:
Originally Posted By excist_and_reflect:
Thanks for all the responses. My roomate is excist and reflect. I'd like to start out saying that it looks as though I am shooting close to the baby, but I am not. The camera angle makes it look as though the little girl is right there, but is a good deal away. Even if the mother didn't grab the baby, the shots wouldn't have come close. The second thing I'd like to say is that I didn't get up in the morning saying I would sure love to pop someone today. The robber chose the time and the place, I didn't ask for it. There are two types of people in this world, those who will take action and those that won't. I assessed the risk as fast as I could at that exact moment. A .45 long colt looks very menacing when your on the buisness end of it. I have been tought to meet force with force, and to open up quick and violently. Things may have played out differntly had my coworker not have been there. Maybe I would have tried to draw down, maybe I wouldn't have, or maybe I would have looked for another oppritunity to draw. I had to get behind her so he couldn't see what was going on. I brought my gun up on to target and was in the middle of yelling for him to drop the weapon when he jumped back and pullled the gun up. I ducked out of the way for a moment and popped back up firing when my weapon was on target.

As far as using the front sights, I did, using my flash sight picture. Now with shooting in the back, yes, he got nailed in the back, but the time from when my gun clears my holster to when he's laying on the ground is roughly 2.9 seconds. That doesn't give you a whole lot of time to think, but even so, if he didn't want to get shot, he should have put the weapon down. You don't make a sudden movement, especially with a gun in your hand in that type of situation. I feel confident in my skills as I shoot almost every weekend, I hold a CCW, and am also an NRA instructor for home firearm safety, basic pistol, and personal protection. No one knows how they are going to respond to a situation when they get thrust into it. I felt very threatend and did what I have been tought to do.

Whoever called B.S on excist and reflect not bieng my friend, here is a pic. I also have a profile on Gunsnet.net, I am Rooftop voter on there which this is posted at I guess too. We regularly use each others accounts since we use the same computer each of our profiles pops up, no real need to log out and then back in.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/rooftopvoter/IMG_0298.jpg

Now as far as people bieng in the way and all that, I doubt you will ever get perfect conditions. You respond to situations as they come and make adjustments accordingly. If some crazy {inappropriate language} opens fire in a mall, some of you with CCW may want to run, which is fine, it's a natural reaction and perfectly normal. I myself along with a few other would probably decide to take cover and stop the threat. I believe it is my job while armed to not only protect myself, but others that may be in harms way and that I believe I am in a position to help. Some of you may think that's the wrong way to think, which is also ok, but to each his own. I have to make my decisions as you may have to make yours, and nobody gets to make that decision for you.

By the way, the woman in the video was not {inappropriate language}, actually just the opposite. She thanked me a whole lot, and so did my co worker. She also wrote me a long letter expressing her gratitude, and is now a firearm owner waiting to get a ccw. I was never charged with anything. The police, aswell as the prosecutors viewed this in a very positive light, especially with all the witness statements in my favor. The police tend to look at things more favorably when the person who gets hurt is a multiple felon in the middle of commiting a few more felonys.

As far as the musicand video goes, we were bored and making it was fun. For the person who said "are you somekind of badd butt" because of my crazy pic at the end, I say no, but I can hold my own. That pic was taken a while ago and we thought it would be funny to add. If you don't like it, I don't care
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Three shots in under a second and he scored three hits. Wow....

Scratch one goblin.
Ring

Post by Ring »

DWCol wrote:Whoever made that video needs to be soundly knocked on their butt. It has behind it exactly the kind of attitude the antis look for to argue against us.
whats that?.. good guy wins?
:roll:
Ring

Post by Ring »

lol...
He opted to start a firefight within two feet of a little girl and her mom. He used his own co-worker as cover while he drew his pistol, then he fired as the intruder was running away.
ya, he called the bad guy on the phone and told him to come in and hold up the joint with a gun..

news flash... when the bad guy open the door the situation was started...

he acted... he acted well..

you would like to rely on the good wishs of the bad gun with the gun, and hope he wont kill you and everyone around you...

some of us are smarter then that...
samagee

Post by samagee »

I m sorry, but the bad guy saw the gun and turned to run. That guy shot him in retreat. I can't call that a good shoot. Not to mention that the lady and little girl were right there. What would have happened if the bg ducked behind the little girl and lady?

I think we can use that video for reference though. There were three innocent bystanders that could have become very dead.
DWCol

Post by DWCol »

I'm not criticizing his decision to shoot. I wasn't there, the video is somewhat unreliable due to the angle and editing, and I honestly don't know how I might have reacted in his shoes. I'm glad for the results: one bad guy down, no one else hurt.

My problem is with the guy's judgement after the fact, making a "music video" from this security video, along with the ridiculous images he posts of himself on the net. He's just portraying himself as a mall ninja, and it will only hurt us as we try to get reforms passed to our CCW laws.
Ring

Post by Ring »

samagee wrote:I m sorry, but the bad guy saw the gun and turned to run. That guy shot him in retreat. I can't call that a good shoot. Not to mention that the lady and little girl were right there. What would have happened if the bg ducked behind the little girl and lady?

I think we can use that video for reference though. There were three innocent bystanders that could have become very dead.
so, your saying in a gun fight, if the guy turns his back to you, he is no longer a danger, and he wont turn right back and shoot everyone on the way out the door..

perhaps you should start carying one of these..