Getting ready to leave my house...

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

abrogan

Getting ready to leave my house...

Post by abrogan »

And I'll be carrying concealed for the first time! I'm kinda excited, yet nervous at the same time. I've had my CCW permit since January of this year, but haven't carried yet. That is mainly due to me being a little nervous, lol, me not having a holster that works with my XD40 subcompact, and the fact that none of my clothes work with it (that's getting changed). But today is the day! My fiance told me that I can try carrying his piece, so I have it on my hip between 3 and 4 o'clock. It helps that it's winter and I can wear layers so there's no noticable printing. Summer may be a challenge for me. But anyway, I think I'm going to take the trip to Walmart to buy a hot dog and a slushy! :mrgreen: :wink: lol... Wish me luck!

-Ashley
Ashley
jabeatty

Re: Getting ready to leave my house...

Post by jabeatty »

{crackle}

We have a report of an armed female at the Springboro Wal-Mart.

{crackle}

Female is reportedly enjoying a slushie.

{crackle}

Female also has hot dog, complete with condiments - approach with caution.

{crackle}

Female is reported to be nervous and to be constantly checking the position of her deeply-concealed firearm.

{crackle}

Officer on scene reports that he finds female attractive, but that she's wearing a ring. Officer requests that we not waste his time with such calls in the future.

{crackle}

That is all...
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

................Welcome and good luck with your CC. As they say in Jamaica, no worry mon...........or lady. :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

WELCOME!!!

At first you'll think everyone notices - this too shall pass.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
dirtdawg

Post by dirtdawg »

License. Gun. Ammo. Check, check, check. Okay, good to go!
Dirtdawg
NRA Member, Clinton County Farmer's and Sportsmen Association Director
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Instructor; Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, PPITH
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

abrogan wrote:And I'll be carrying concealed for the first time! I'm kinda excited, yet nervous at the same time. I've had my CCW permit since January of this year, but haven't carried yet. That is mainly due to me being a little nervous, lol, me not having a holster that works with my XD40 subcompact, and the fact that none of my clothes work with it (that's getting changed). But today is the day! My fiance told me that I can try carrying his piece, so I have it on my hip between 3 and 4 o'clock. It helps that it's winter and I can wear layers so there's no noticable printing. Summer may be a challenge for me. But anyway, I think I'm going to take the trip to Walmart to buy a hot dog and a slushy! :mrgreen: :wink: lol... Wish me luck!

-Ashley
Ashley,
If I were you I would find a good CC purse or CC fanny pack with holster compartment. That XD40sc would fit nicely in one. My aunt finally took my advice and got her one. Now she packs all the time.

Ladies have a bit more of a hard time with IWB than us guys, I assume that your fiancé's holster is a OWB?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
1911nut

Post by 1911nut »

Ash,
Remember CC is as much mental state as it is clothing and firearm choice. If it's no big deal to you, you'll appear less nervous or not nervous at all. If you are concious of your gun printing or not it will, if you're adjusting constantly you wil be noticed. I still, having carried for 8 years with a 3 year break, find my self adjusting too much and checking to see if it's stil covered. Even though I don't care if it's completely covered, I still try.

A.
But what do I know, I'm just a high school educated security officer.
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Way to go Ashley! Hopefully that'll be me in about a month.

Let us know how it goes!

Gumby
Gumby

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson
abrogan

Post by abrogan »

Well, it went great! Once I went out into public, I realized that nobody was going to know I was carrying and the nervousness went away. Dare I say that I hardly noticed it myself because the holster was very comfortable! I'm definitely going to have to get a good IWB leather holster for my XD. Or I could just "borrow" :wink: my fiance's gun... permanently! (I know he'll read this, lol.)
Ashley
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

Wait 'til your first armed trip to the bank. It still feels funny to me!
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Absolutely good for you! I am always impressed with a young lady, older lady, any lady, willing to not be a sheep!
All us guys here, I'm sure, are equally proud of you!
Good luck, be safe!
(practice, practice, practice! and make sure you and your fiance get to the Fun 'n Gun!)
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

abrogan wrote:Well, it went great! Once I went out into public, I realized that nobody was going to know I was carrying and the nervousness went away. Dare I say that I hardly noticed it myself because the holster was very comfortable! I'm definitely going to have to get a good IWB leather holster for my XD. Or I could just "borrow" :wink: my fiance's gun... permanently! (I know he'll read this, lol.)
Ashley,

Cool! Cheering for you.
This is very encouraging to me, as well - I know I'll be nervous my "first time."

Gumby
Gumby

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson
abrogan

Post by abrogan »

Birdman wrote:Absolutely good for you! I am always impressed with a young lady, older lady, any lady, willing to not be a sheep!
All us guys here, I'm sure, are equally proud of you!
Good luck, be safe!
(practice, practice, practice! and make sure you and your fiance get to the Fun 'n Gun!)

Thank you! What is the Fun 'n Gun?
Ashley
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Thank you! What is the Fun 'n Gun?
http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/4169/53/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Try CCing around the house and on your property....helps you get used to it.

And welcome.....
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member