OC'ing Unecessary

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: OC'ing Unecessary

Post by willbird »

jo9352 wrote:Whether legal or not, all you cowboys who want to OC are only going to cause legislators to rethink CCW and all the gains we have made. You can berate me if you please, but you're the same people who will scream when CCW is revoked and OC'ing banned. Please stop this unneccessary provocation and thank God for CCW. I call for the OFCC (look up what the CC stands for) leadership to advise it's members to stay concealed.
I find that when people post on OFCC they grow from the interaction. I would guess that by the time jo9352 has say 10-15 posts he/she will be a lote more suave and sophisticated.

I also ponder if he/she is employed by the PD in question on the other thread. The logs for the board will tell OFCC if he/she is :-). Wouldn't it be a hoot if it was done from a PD computer on co. time ??

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
DOCDC1

Post by DOCDC1 »

airdog714 wrote:
I am, and I dress as a biker.

airdog
BMW or Harley? :D :wink:

Doc
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
fisher

Post by fisher »

DOCDC1 wrote:
airdog714 wrote:

airdog

Doc
The two are not mutually exclusive:

"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DOCDC1

Post by DOCDC1 »

fisher wrote:
DOCDC1 wrote:
airdog714 wrote:

airdog

Doc
The two are not mutually exclusive:
LOL! :P

No they are not. Sometimes I ride in a suit and tie and sometimes clothes not fit for anything.

Doc
airdog714

Post by airdog714 »

Sorry guys,

Niether BMW or Harley. Nice bikes, but over priced. Not in my budget.
Right now I have a Yamaha Venture and a Honda Shadow.
After Aug. 1st(and if I can find) I will have a Yamaha Raider.

Live to ride, ride to live.

airdog
The Goverment cannot give the people anything until they have taken it from the people first.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

willbird wrote:....I find that when people post on OFCC they grow from the interaction..... Bill
For the most part - however I offer exhibit A:
JAB,

:neener: :neener: :neener:

WBL
/raspberries FTW

/case closed
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
DOCDC1

Post by DOCDC1 »

At the moment I am playing with a Yamaha V-Star. It's all I need right now and with my health, I have been blessed not to have to wrench on it. At the moment I am in a horrific fight with a Suzuki TC100. Just got it running after replacing the motor and one of the spark plugs blew out. Now I have to change heads tonight. I am trying to get it ready for vintage days. What was I ever thinking playing with old stuff. Anyway, I am sure it's hysterical watching me run around on a couple little vintage bikes I have with a colt .45 open carry. I haven't drawn the police yeat but I assume someday it will happen.

Doc
Last edited by DOCDC1 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOCDC1

Post by DOCDC1 »

Oh my god. I laughed so hard I had to use the facilities OMT. That was priceless.

Doc
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Airdog:

Just sayin...
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

And because Doc is feeding this troll:
DOCDC1 wrote:.... and sometimes clothes not fit for anything. Doc
Then there are those mid-night rides by the pale moonlight... well... lets not go there today.

/OMT putting words in Doc's mouth off
J_86

Post by J_86 »

jo9352 wrote:Whether legal or not, all you cowboys who want to OC are only going to cause legislators to rethink CCW and all the gains we have made. You can berate me if you please, but you're the same people who will scream when CCW is revoked and OC'ing banned. Please stop this unneccessary provocation and thank God for CCW. I call for the OFCC (look up what the CC stands for) leadership to advise it's members to stay concealed.
:roll:
While I'm sure OFCC welcomes all opinions, you might take yours else where.
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

The "leadership" doesn't Tell it's members what to do. They are adults who will make the decision of what's right or wrong for them.
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

sabalo wrote:The "leadership" doesn't Tell it's members what to do. They are adults who will make the decision of what's right or wrong for them.
I for one am GLAD that OFCC does not take a stance against OC. I cannot understand how a pro RKBA org COULD take such a stance. ESPECIALLY when OC was used as a tool to try to achieve a CCW law :-)

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
THUNDERKISS
User Requested Deactivation

Post by THUNDERKISS »

jo9352,

I hardly believe that the simple exercise of a right enumerated by both the United States and the Ohio Constitution could be viewed as an unnecessarily provocative act.

In the same light that you allude to the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms ( 2nd Amendment and O.R.C. 9.68 ) as being an "unnecessary provocation", I would then submit to you that the exercise of your freedom of speech (especially on this forum) and your freedom of religion (both 1st Amendment), the protections that you enjoy against the warrantless and unreasonable searches of you and your property (4th Amendment), your right to "due process" and the protection that you enjoy from self incrimination (5th Amendment), the right to a 'speedy' trial by a jury of your peers (6th Amendment), the right you have to not be subjected to "cruel and unusual punishment" (8th Amendment) is an equally "unnecessary provocation" and I call upon you to stop availing yourself of these rights as doing so may cause the reversal or repeal of them.

Does this sound fair to you?

I'll bet it doesn't and with good reason...

The 2nd Amendment is no lesser a right because you find it objectionable or of little use to you. The Second Amendment is the right that puts the "teeth" into the Bill of Rights. Just as it it unfair for me to ask you to refrain from one of your rights for whatever reason I may have, so too is it unfair of you to call for any of us to refrain from the legal exercise of our Second Amendment rights in order to satisfy your dubious agenda.

As a retired L.E.O., I prefer to C.C.W. almost all the time. However, it is nice to have the option, should I wish to exercise it, to O.C. if I want to do so.

If you find Americans exercising their rights to be troublesome or offensive, I suggest that you find a nice, comfy, totalitarian regime in some desolate little third world country where the exercise of these pesky rights will bother you no longer and move there. Given the level of discomfort that this whole issue seems to cause you, you owe it to yourself and us. Do it now, before it's too late.
TK

"PR pictures for this administration should come with front and side view angles." -Tweed Ring

"The great unwashed generally bob in a sea of vitriol." -Tweed Ring
airdog714

Post by airdog714 »

OldManTod wrote:Airdog:

Just sayin...
OMT, Nice bikes. There, I said it for you. :D
Please tell me these are early pics as the bikes are way to clean and there is to much rubber on those tires. :P

airdog
The Goverment cannot give the people anything until they have taken it from the people first.