My range case

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Wayne wrote:While we are on the subject,does anyone use the mag loading tool that comes with Glocks? I find that mine is a total wast of time.
It's a piece of crap!

I've used those Harbor Freight cases for all kinds of stuff. They work great for holding RC radios.
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

Wayne wrote:Some people collect guns,the Kid collects magazines. :) While we are on the subject,does anyone use the mag loading tool that comes with Glocks? I find that mine is a total wast of time.
Yea, the mags are the best investments. Long-term they save me money because I spend less at the range and get to shoot more while I'm there.

The glock mag loaders, useless.

-Kid
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Take a class at a place like TDI, and you'll find that even the crappy OEM Glock mag loader is better than no mag loader. Or, depending on which level class(es) you take, bring 100 or so loaded mags with you to begin with! :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Wayne wrote:Some people collect guns,the Kid collects magazines. :)
It looks like he's only got about ten for each gun -- that's not a lot. I like to have plenty of magazines, largely for the reason the Kid mentions: I load my magazines at home so I don't have to spend my quality range time doing it.

I have a dozen or so for my 1911's and 9mm Hi-Power (my .40 Hi-Power is still relatively new to me, so I've only got four for it so far). I've got ten for my little G27, and a half dozen each for my 9X18's.

At least you don't make the newspapers for having a lot of magazines like you do for having a lot of firearms or ammunition...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

I'm learning something here. Once my shipment arrives, I'll have 8. I thought it was a lot, so I took comfort in knowing I might very well have to retire 2 for being black sheep, destroyed by Wolf.

@Kid: Carry them all so you can tell potatohead stories :P
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

tommcnaughton wrote:
Wayne wrote:Some people collect guns,the Kid collects magazines. :)
It looks like he's only got about ten for each gun -- that's not a lot. I like to have plenty of magazines, largely for the reason the Kid mentions: I load my magazines at home so I don't have to spend my quality range time doing it.

I have a dozen or so for my 1911's and 9mm Hi-Power (my .40 Hi-Power is still relatively new to me, so I've only got four for it so far). I've got ten for my little G27, and a half dozen each for my 9X18's.

At least you don't make the newspapers for having a lot of magazines like you do for having a lot of firearms or ammunition...
I'll have a total of 30 once my other 10 get here this weekend. All of them but 4 work in both guns. The G27 mags won't work in the G23 but all the others will work in both.

So, 30 of them will work in the G27 and 26 of them will work in the G23. Two of those next to the barrel in the picture are G32 mags and a G32 barrel so I can fire .357 sig in my G23.

-Kid
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"